PDA

View Full Version : setting fuel pressure regulator up

lewis_willy2
22-07-2008, 19:22
at the mo my car has no exhaust on or lambda plugged in. is there any point in trying to set the fuel pressure?

ive got the car fired up but it wont idle, the fuel pressure is reading about 1 bar. if i increase it it dies.

im running low comp pistons but its only on a standard willy map at the mo till i buy a turbo 1.

is there any point in trying to get it running without running the turbo chip?

lewis

MAXIBOY
22-07-2008, 19:27
i wouldn 't think so as all the map sensor readings will be way out...

lewis_willy2
22-07-2008, 19:38
now i just need a turbo chip then?

point me in the cheapest direction peeps.

v6 is killing the funds to finish the williams, but im getting close.

lewis

Coops
22-07-2008, 20:07
only one bar? :shock: shud be 3 bar on idle with no vac on the fse

lewis_willy2
22-07-2008, 23:07
only one bar? :shock: shud be 3 bar on idle with no vac on the fse

so should i not have the vac hose connected? if i up the pressure it wont start?????

Coops
22-07-2008, 23:30
thats the official setup info i got from henk at fastchips mate, has your fse got an inline pressure gauge yeah? is it holding pressure in the lines after ignition is off? it should be 3 bar idle and thats as said with the vac disconnected. thats only to set it up, once its set to that re-attach the vac feed

lewis_willy2
23-07-2008, 14:34
1stly yes i have a gauge on it

2ndly ive been trying to set it up with the vac pipe connected.

3rdly it doesnt hold the pressure when ignition is off.

i assume i should be able to set it without running my lambda or chip or exhaust. but due to the compression of the pistons and standard map it will idle, but rough??

if so i will have a go at sorting the pressure when i get home 2nite?

Coops
23-07-2008, 14:56
yeah mate, with vac on it will run less pressure, thats how the rising rate works, its directly related to mani absolute pressure, as u boost pressure goes up above 3.0 bar and under vacuum on idle pressure will go below 3.0 bar, but not down to 1.0 iirc thats very low. also the fse should hold the pressure once ignition is turned off so i'd say your fse is faulty, is it new?

lewis_willy2
23-07-2008, 19:50
its def not holding pressure, goes up to 4 bar when ignition is on but slowly drops, when you turn ignition off it still slowly drops.

its a brand new valve but a cheap 1 from ebay.

the hunt is on for a replacement

lewis

Coops
23-07-2008, 20:51
it will slowly drop mate, but shud hold pressure for hour or so i think, i'll check mine at some point n let u know