PDA

View Full Version : Price For A Williams 1

northsnumberone
21-07-2008, 16:34
Hi,

Bit of a long shot but looking for a bit of advice, I am looking to sell my Williams 1 in the next couple of months and curious as to what to advertise it for.

A brief description would be that the interior is of perfect condition, the alloys have been refurbished and are scuffless and it is going in next week for the rear arches to be done as some rust is evident. It was just sailed through it's MOT and would say it just needs a bit of TLC, couple of small dinks courtesy of supermarket parking and would say it needs a new rear bumper if your a perfectionist and also new rear window wiper (unless there just really easy to fix).

I have had it nearly three years and it has part service history and 88k on the clock, to be honest it's given me no grief (touch wood) other than needing a clutch cable. When I got it I did get it sprayed to a high standard and completed various other bits and pieces to get its appearance to an acceptable standard.

Anyway rough thoughts on what I should be looking for as its simply a company car that is making me sell up.

northy
21-07-2008, 21:52
can i ask what number williams it is please....

Buying or selling a williams is like any other car - people will pay what ever the price is if the want the car bad enough.

Without pictures its hard but as a rule
£1500 you get a car thats ideal for trackdays but needs work.
2k - car is half decent and u can pick up a bargin!
3k you should get a very tidy one needing minimal work,
4k car should be getting very good.
5k should be very clean needing no work unless your a perfectionist.
6k - Minter

There is a williams for sale at the min for 12K....its done 9,000 miles!

northsnumberone
25-07-2008, 09:18
Hi,

It's number 134, I bought it as a project and it was in a bit of state but then I sold my other car and it became a bit more used than expected, if I was being honest I would say the inside is 100% mint,it really is, outside is now good after a lot of work, if I was keeping would have just replaced the bumper as it has some scratches, thanks for your help, will get it ready and probably pop it in the autotrader in a month or so.