PDA

View Full Version : Removing standard exhaust

Wobba
20-07-2008, 18:42
I've done this before on my valver, and that was a bitch shit job too, but the Williams one seems even more stubborn.

THe little u-bend pipe bit to backbox is a bitch. I have tried it all, wedging the lip up, beating absolute shit out of it, blowtorch.

It's very hard work, and getting tired now so I am getting irritable with it. I won't cut it it will take years and will make it unuseable.

May have to give up with this one...

cliorod
20-07-2008, 20:05
Wobba
I have found the easiest way is to jack the car up and undo the rear beam bolts on the passenger side,undo the bottom shocker bolt and pull the shocker away,lower the beam ~ and hey presto, :lol: :lol: the pipe comes off a treat ~~ no cutting bent fingers etc etc.IThe hardest part will be jacking it up I guess :shock: :shock: ~ I have the use of a four poster lift :wink: :wink:

Wobba
20-07-2008, 20:21
I've given up with the ****ing piece of shit wank cunt **** exhaust.

Gonna call kwik fit who will no doubt tell me to get lost as usual.

Daz.
20-07-2008, 22:54
Standard exhaust FTW!!

Wobba
21-07-2008, 09:33
Slow-Fit this morning: No, can't do it.
Me: Do you actually do exhausts?
Slow-Fit: Yes.
Me:So you won't do mine?
Slow -Fit: No.
Me: 'Hangs up'

They couldnt take off four seized bolts for me on my catalytic converter either...they suck.

eternalife
21-07-2008, 13:19

They couldnt take off four seized bolts for me on my catalytic converter either...they suck.

Why not try the one near Adams place?
They fitted my decat on for me (seized bolts) - best time to see them is nearing the end of their working day, managers have gone home, hardly any customers, and usually do things cash in hand.

To take the overlap joint of the back box/mid section apart - I give the circumference (that is available to hit) multiple taps with a hammer..(when I say tap i dont mean be girly!). Usually loosens it up a bit....then just got to wiggle/pull/push/rotate the back box and it will soon loosen itself up (hopefully).

Matty86
21-07-2008, 15:12
I *hate* Clio exhausts. With a passion!!

Count yourself lucky that yours doesn't route between the subframe and bulkhead too!!

Spent many an hour underneath the car swearing my head off

geesus
21-07-2008, 15:19
I *hate* Clio exhausts. With a passion!!

Count yourself lucky that yours doesn't route between the subframe and bulkhead too!!

Spent many an hour underneath the car swearing my head off

amen to that

arj256
21-07-2008, 17:01

Why not try the one near Adams place?
They fitted my decat on for me (seized bolts) - best time to see them is nearing the end of their working day, managers have gone home, hardly any customers, and usually do things cash in hand.

To take the overlap joint of the back box/mid section apart - I give the circumference (that is available to hit) multiple taps with a hammer..(when I say tap i dont mean be girly!). Usually loosens it up a bit....then just got to wiggle/pull/push/rotate the back box and it will soon loosen itself up (hopefully).

Go to my local kwik fit, there fair and do all exhaust jobs.
Seems the garages Southampton way are not very helpful.

Still recon you need to use a bigger hammer to remove it.

northy
21-07-2008, 21:46
get some heat onto the seized bolts and im sure they will undo....if not cut the head off and knock out!

Wobba
22-07-2008, 12:56
I got the U-bend off, it was very hard but beating parts of it with hammer seemed to loosen it, and once I saw movement, I knew it would come off eventually. Driving car with just mid section now. It sounds MENTAL hahaha!! I scare old ladies and children, which is one of my favorite pastimes.

geesus
22-07-2008, 13:24
I got the U-bend off, it was very hard but beating parts of it with hammer seemed to loosen it, and once I saw movement, I knew it would come off eventually. Driving car with just mid section now. It sounds MENTAL hahaha!! I scare old ladies and children, which is one of my favorite pastimes.

lmfao ^^^^^ :lol:

Wobba
22-07-2008, 18:05

lmfao ^^^^^ :lol:

:D

Got the Magnex on now. It actually feels lower on torque compared to the standard mid section without backbox lol. Decat next, joy of joys, 2 more seized bolts to get off!