PDA

View Full Version : help my brakes arent working ???

kundi13
19-07-2008, 11:45
i recently changed my rear brake shoes successfully. after 3weeks of driving yesturday i noticed my brake pedal was going straight down hitting the floor. the car does stop but very sharply. its like as if theres a leak in the brake pipelines. and when i press the pedel it makes a grinding noise. someone suggested the front brake pads have worned but i dont think it can be that cos it cant all of a sudden just loose its thickness over night. someone suggested there might be air in it highly doubt it as it was running fine .

what do you guys think it is ?

Coops
19-07-2008, 11:55
check the rear pads again, my moneys on one being missing mate, these cars have a habit of throwing rear shoes

u33db
19-07-2008, 12:11
His car has drums on the rear.

katbloke
19-07-2008, 13:37
master cylinder failure or wheel cylinder leaking poss? check for signs of brake fluid in the drivers foot well

kundi13
19-07-2008, 18:02
left rear side wheel cylinder was leaking big time. replaced it with a new one then i bleeded it but did not bleed the right hand side as it seems ok. however i toped it up with brake fluid and also i adjusted the hand brake aswell and now my brakes are sharp and much better than before.