PDA

View Full Version : turbo oil return in sump prob.

lewis_willy2
18-07-2008, 19:38
ok i thought it mayb a good idea and put my oil return feed in the sump instead of block, i have jus filled the car up to the fill level with oil and its running out of the oil return???

the return is at the highest point of the sump, is this gonna be a problem, im thinking it is?

all in need is fuel to get her running now :D

lewis

Coops
18-07-2008, 20:04
am not sure mate, but once the lump is running the oil level in the sump will be much lower, so i wouldnt worry unduely

midge
18-07-2008, 21:51
but it will also be pressurised...

imo fix it.

summeh
18-07-2008, 22:03
but it will also be pressurised...

imo fix it.

So even more reason to ignore it then hey?

If the oil coming back from the turbo is pressurised, and the oil sitting in the sump pan is not pressurised, which way do you think oil is going to flow???

lewis_willy2
18-07-2008, 22:52
i thought the oil returned from a turbo wasnt pressurised but the feed was?

if not we could some life in her 2mro!

lewis

Coops
19-07-2008, 09:17
return only has residual pressure in it from whats been pumped into the turbo through the high pressure braided inlet mate

bass_direct
19-07-2008, 11:51
only the inlet is pressurised, where is your feed coming from? (where the oil pressure sensor once was?)

mine goes back into the sump at the highest point and is fine, the return isn't pressurised

lewis_willy2
19-07-2008, 12:35
only the inlet is pressurised, where is your feed coming from? (where the oil pressure sensor once was?)

mine goes back into the sump at the highest point and is fine, the return isn't pressurised

ye the feed is coming from pressure sensor.

gonna see how it goes, turbo is bolted on now need a selection of jubilee clips and bolts for the exhuast.

the missus v6 is due back any minute so gotta start removing the engine on that.

god this clio business is never ending

lewis