PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Release Bearing

Wobba
15-07-2008, 09:15
Ok. This is an intermittent noise, but occurs when in neutral, sat at lights etc. It's a slight rattle, which dissapears when clutch pedal is depressed.

Now, I gather they are cheap as chips, npnp, BUT I guess I have to split the box from the engine and get to it that way right? Shit job right?

The clutch biting point is low, the pedal is stiff, and very on/off. Stalling is always an easy option!

Wobba
15-07-2008, 09:16
This is on my Williams 1, not my valver. Valver is soft compared to Willy!

Duli
15-07-2008, 19:34
i have the same problem with my valver. clutch is fine, bearing is ****ed. :)

alex_e3
15-07-2008, 20:04
Ok. This is an intermittent noise, but occurs when in neutral, sat at lights etc. It's a slight rattle, which dissapears when clutch pedal is depressed.

Now, I gather they are cheap as chips, npnp, BUT I guess I have to split the box from the engine and get to it that way right? s**t job right?

The clutch biting point is low, the pedal is stiff, and very on/off. Stalling is always an easy option!

Pretty much what you said mate! & i'm afraid box is either an engine out job or subframe off. People on here will argue the toss which way is easier to do, but i'm with the engine out option!

As for the pedal feeling harder and the bite being lower, you might want t put a new clutch cable and clutch pedal in. Your ratchet mechanism may be worn, causing you to have a low bite. When i changed my clutch cable, the pedal instantly went mega lighter.

Daz.
15-07-2008, 20:16
new pedal system and cable made mine spot on - genuine renault parts are a must though

BRUN
15-07-2008, 22:57
ive just got this on mine, however when i had my box put on, i had a renault refurb clutch kit put on, which means mine will all be done FOC under the warranty on the part 8)

Wobba
16-07-2008, 01:20
Nice. Thanks lads.

I have adjusted the very variable seating position in the Willy (not same as valvers) so my little legs can cope with the lower biting point and now I am fine with it.

I think the clutch is quite new, so I am going to live with it for a bit.

Reanult replaced the JC5 'box in 2005 along with a new final drive and clutch. Should be ok for a bit I hope. Came to a ridicualous cost to the original owner at the time (yes, he had it for 11/12 years!).

Daz.
16-07-2008, 06:25
Nice. Thanks lads.

I have adjusted the very variable seating position in the Willy (not same as valvers) so my little legs can cope with the lower biting point and now I am fine with it.

I think the clutch is quite new, so I am going to live with it for a bit.

Reanult replaced the JC5 'box in 2005 along with a new final drive and clutch. Should be ok for a bit I hope. Came to a ridicualous cost to the original owner at the time (yes, he had it for 11/12 years!).

Aye the phase 2 valver seats are the same fella - unmolested boxes last for donkeys, never had to touch a clutch or box or well anything for that matter with the 3 i've owned.

Smudger
16-07-2008, 13:21
my release bearing on my willy 2 clutch was noisy when i bought it 2 years ago. its now done over 20k miles and the clutch still works fine.

wouldnt worry too much mate