PDA

View Full Version : The Vibration Continues

Coops
15-07-2008, 00:20
I thought it was the pads doing it, mislocating on their retaining pins in the 4 pots but it seems that the only reason i'm noticing the vibration is due to powerflex bushes.

with the powerflex wishbones fitted the vibration shows up under reasonably spirited left cornering

with the o/e wishbones fitted the vibration only shows up under about to kill myself or roll the car on its roof cornering, but it IS still there

so the theory is the vibration is coming from outboard of the wishbones, and the powerflex bushes are simply stiffer than the 90k old std ones and are transferring the vibration to the chassis more clearly

as such, any idea on what it could be? hub rounded maybe, so bearing is kippered? maybe the pads are still shagged? could the differential in the gearbox transfer vibe down driveshaft, through hub, back down wishbone and into the subframe/chassis that way?

i'm really at a loss, its liveable with the o/e bushes on, but at the end of the day the car shouldnt be doing it at all, and simply hiding the issue with soft as shite o/e bushes isnt helping to sort the problem!

any further thoughts/input most appreciated

cheers

Ben

MAXIBOY
15-07-2008, 00:29
sorry to hear this mate....i start with bits you can swap easily...hubs and anything outboard of the wishbones...

its not a loose subframe on that side.... :(

Coops
15-07-2008, 14:55
subframe is easy enuf n all fella, have spare one in shed :lol: i'll keep on truckin with swapping stuff, just phishing on here in the hope someone who had exact same issue crops up :)

Evogone
22-07-2008, 13:58
Did you ever find out what it was?

Coops
22-07-2008, 15:23
nope, still going as described above

northy
22-07-2008, 15:27
you tryed removing the solid dog bone mount ???

richy
22-07-2008, 18:04
you tryed removing the solid dog bone mount ???

yeah tryed that already, and realigned the other mounts to allow a tad more exhaust downpipe clearence etc etc

Rich
22-07-2008, 23:32
its ****ed, scrap it :lol: maybe its just because the bushes are harder it transfers it and nothing is wrong (just like uprating engine mounts).

Coops
23-07-2008, 13:24
nah mate, there is something very wrong, and if it was just that it'd do it equally turning either way

Rich
23-07-2008, 14:17
nah mate, there is something very wrong, and if it was just that it'd do it equally turning either way

not necessarily due to the uneven weight distribution in the engine bay, but as you say normally it does point to something being wrong, and nobody knows their own car better than yourself!.

for the time it takes mate i'd smack the other subframe on and see if that does anything. times running out before germany so i'd get all hands on deck!