PDA

View Full Version : Renault 19 16v not injecting!

jayrace28
11-07-2008, 23:55
Having recently fitted the engine in my 5 turbo shell i am having problems getting it to strike up. I have a good spark, new tdc sensor, fuel pump running but no injection of fuel! I can power the cold start injector which results in a burst of engine revving. With the ignition on i have an earth one side and nothing the other, while cranking i get power at both sides. If i earth the side which has no reading initially it injects. The main injectors also appear to be missing the earth side of there opperation. If i earth them while cranking the engine revs. I have no decent diagrams which match what i have! I cant understand how the injection ecu knows where the engine is in its cycle as there is no link between tdc and itself? Im sure its something simple but without diagrams relating to it im stumped. Also losing computer with all emails and passwords for useful forums hasnt helped either!! Any help much appreciated and if anyone in the know is near melton mowbray id appreciate a hand!! :wink:

bass_direct
12-07-2008, 09:20
think dancliovalver is near you..

check map sensor is plugged in, sean had this problem.