PDA

View Full Version : what do YOU want out of williams clio

Taylor
11-07-2008, 14:55
been in discussion with northy and we both agreed williamsclio needs a bit of an overhaul so to speak,

so what do you want out of this site/ club
i have noticed over the last 18 months there has been a lack of club spirt, meets, shows etc.

and the subscription seems a bit pointless, it will stay but hoping to make it a bit more lucrative.

so looking for suggestions to what you guys want out of the forum and the club, what you think its missing etc

Cheers
Taylor

arj256
11-07-2008, 15:30
A regularly updated homepage, informing about recent meets etc.
More regular large scale meets where everyone isnt moaning about FCS :wink:.
More talk about the cars, and not there problems lol.

McPikie
11-07-2008, 16:28
Less elitism, lol

Blinkers need to be removed form a few pepole

northy
11-07-2008, 16:56
ive just been trying to get u over to my house taylor :wink:

eternalife
11-07-2008, 16:58
1. A front page that doesnt say 'internal server error'.
2. Links on the left which work (the ones other than the 'Forum' one).

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/

3. Free membership to Williams owners - so we don't ALL end up paying for items' stolen from northy's car :lol: :wink:
(Persons who do not own Williams's should pay, Car snobbery goes with the territory :D ).

4. A new outlook, without the old blue background (looks very dated now)
5. More control in people's views - as to leave things impartial (rather than everyone backing the comments of friends/masses etc)
6. More work done to secure 'deals' from manufacturers/distributors/companies (and not just the lower spec of the market items Avo's).
7. Discount from Renualt.

Will add more later :P

Trust the above meet with approval :twisted: :lol: :wink:

northy
11-07-2008, 17:01
3. Free membership to Williams owners - so we don't ALL end up paying for items' stolen from northy's car :lol: :wink:

haha, true - poor car. Been through some problems in 5 years haha

jamie
11-07-2008, 17:13
More content, presantation overhall and of course produce some more williams clio merchandise to get some funds such as club t-shirts with individual username williams limited edition car number if you own a phase 1 etc....

white16valver
11-07-2008, 17:24
Polo shirts would be good :)

I just want a forum that doesn't only let you search all new posts once a minute LoL

eternalife
11-07-2008, 17:25
Edit button :lol:

Daz.
11-07-2008, 17:29
Edit button :lol:

FTW! :lol:

speed
11-07-2008, 18:04
less posts per page?

some times when you want to check back there will be like 40+ post that you have to scroll thro to find the updated post, it gets quite annoying sometimes eps when theres loads of pics

oh and edit button ftw +100

Taylor
11-07-2008, 18:19
well i cant do anything till northy gives me the permissions, merchendise is something ive been working on

jamie
11-07-2008, 18:26
Agree...EDIT button please

2 live
11-07-2008, 18:43
meets other than track days

ppl actually driving their williams'......they are a 'drivers' car after all

richy
11-07-2008, 18:46

i think thats more down to members not actually turning up to meets, thats mainly the reason meets stopped happening tbh, i do think we need to get them going again, the last few i sorted when i was a rep was a real struggle to get more then 3 cars!

1995clio16v
11-07-2008, 18:55

I just want a forum that doesn't only let you search all new posts once a minute LoL

You think we could get anybody interested in polo shirts/t-shirts/caps/fleeces/sweatshirts etc?

Any of these I can obtain, but I would need someone to supply me with a good JPEG/GIF file of the Williams logo.

I genuinely have a mate who works for one of the biggest clothing printing companies in the UK. They print for the London Marathon, worldwide cycle charity rides, e.g London-Paris, proper set up.

The MOQ is good too.

Who would be interested? The clothing is VERY good quality and very good prices.

8) :o

Taylor
11-07-2008, 18:55
well the plan will be to allocate 4 area reps, obviously they wont be able to cover the whole of the areas but its a start to generate more interest in meets again.

Taylor
11-07-2008, 18:59

You think we could get anybody interested in polo shirts/t-shirts/caps/fleeces/sweatshirts etc?

Any of these I can obtain, but I would need someone to supply me with a good JPEG/GIF file of the Williams logo.

I genuinely have a mate who works for one of the biggest clothing printing companies in the UK. They print for the London Marathon, worldwide cycle charity rides, e.g London-Paris, proper set up.

The MOQ is good too.

Who would be interested? The clothing is VERY good quality and very good prices.

hi mate

i will get in toutch with you should we decide to go down this route, id prefer to keep everyting done through the site, ie through a merchandise shop etc, not just through members, gets messy that way

if you could pm me the details etc ill keep you in mind :)

arj256
11-07-2008, 19:01

Plenty of Williams being 'driven' down south :wink:

1995clio16v
11-07-2008, 19:03

The MOQ is good too.

hi mate

i will get in toutch with you should we decide to go down this route, id prefer to keep everyting done through the site, ie through a merchandise shop etc, not just through members, gets messy that way

if you could pm me the details etc ill keep you in mind :)

Alrite Taylor, maybe I could swap you a couple of polos for the motor :P :wink:

Yes, Ill call him tomorrow and get some prices.

A club shop would be good actually.

:shock:

It wouldnt be expensive to integrate a shop area on the site, and just have paypal

8)

jamie
11-07-2008, 19:45

Dude if your down south im completely up for meeting at somepoint.....maybe get a few of us to meet, head to a pub for some lunch and a chat etc then off for a drive!!!

jamie

The MOQ is good too.

Right im def in for some stuff, hats and polo shirts and t-shirts 100% interested lets make this happen guys!!!!

titcharoony
'passengers'.

arj256
11-07-2008, 19:52

Dude if your down south im completely up for meeting at somepoint.....maybe get a few of us to meet, head to a pub for some lunch and a chat etc then off for a drive!!!

Cool didnt realise you was localish.
I have put up some plans for a meet in a few weeks time..
If i know where a few more members are located. It wouldnt be a problem to make the meets more central.

summeh
11-07-2008, 20:41
vbulletin, its a much better forum software (cliosport, rsc etc all use it), its only about 60quid a year so im sure subs would cover the cost, and it has subs management out of the box. Only thing I don't think would work with it is the garage though, but everything else would port over nicely.

maybe a wiki area for uploading workshop manuals, pdfs, that sort of thing etc?

Big wish list i think :wink:

Taylor
11-07-2008, 21:23
think we will be sticking with phpbb for now lol, thats not my forte

bill.
11-07-2008, 22:28
TO STOP THAT ERROR DEBUG CODE SHIT, WHEN YOU DONT POST QUICK ENOUGH :evil:

SURE MOST WILL AGREE :wink:

16v_paddy
11-07-2008, 22:36
TO STOP THAT ERROR DEBUG CODE s**t, WHEN YOU DONT POST QUICK ENOUGH :evil:

Hell Yeah!
Especially for those of us who cant type 4 shit :lol:

ME! :oops:

1995clio16v
11-07-2008, 22:45
TO STOP THAT ERROR DEBUG CODE s**t, WHEN YOU DONT POST QUICK ENOUGH :evil:

Just do what us dudes in the know do!!

CTRL+C before you press submit!! :wink: :P

I learnt many moons ago after typing out many 5min replies then the bugger would debug!

I do it everytime now

:lol:

Laine_16v
11-07-2008, 23:43
The filters and edits are gay!

Coops
12-07-2008, 00:12
get the garage edit working

and as said the key thing is to get the social side of the club back up and running, meets are the best part of any forum and its a shame they dont really happen anymore

wavy
12-07-2008, 00:28
be able to post pics rather than use photobucket
bring back the edit button
stop all word filters
all the good posts / guides stored in a section (i know there are some good pics but i cant find em)
make the search actually work lol

Taylor
12-07-2008, 09:26
be able to post pics rather than use photobucket
bring back the edit button
stop all word filters
all the good posts / guides stored in a section (i know there are some good pics but i cant find em)
make the search actually work lol

the problem with pictures being posted from the site means it takes up massive amounts of band width , which inturn costs more money, maybe when the site is a bit busyer

as for the forum bits and bobs, shouldnt be too hard,

my main aim is the get the social side of it all back ( even though i didnt have a willaims i did enjoy them)

if we start now, hopefully buy 2009 show reason we should be looking good

slippy
12-07-2008, 09:54
A more advanced/intelligent search function would be nice 8)

Joel
12-07-2008, 11:19
For the forum to be running correctly for one.

1.Cant Upload Avatars.
2. Garage Dosent work right.
3. I cant access some sections being a full member?

jamie
12-07-2008, 13:14

If i know where a few more members are located. It wouldnt be a problem to make the meets more central.

Cool mate lets make this happen, hit me with a few dates that your free and ill chack what im doing and we can arrange a meet up :-) im down gatwick area and there are plenty of places to go around here which are nice as well as good driving spots so we can always meet around this way if ya like, have a think tho im cool for meeting anywhere really.

Jamie

MatrixGuy
12-07-2008, 15:53
An edit function, lol.

A homepage that works

More 'get togethers' so we can meet other members and their cars.

eternalife
12-07-2008, 17:12
Further to comments above about 'knowledge' section...

Appoint a panel of persons who will be able to add vital info to another section solely for knowledge referal basis (i.e. locked as soon as it is created).

From my experience a hell of a lot of information is posted in 'problem' threads, which in many cases contains vital information which can help others in the future. (for example how many times has 'play in steering wheel' been covered - LOL! :lol: )

Reasons for panel - can agree if item is of 'value', if its 'substantiated', and most importantly, by having numerous people perform the same task, takes the pressure of any one person.

Andy P
12-07-2008, 18:35

Cool mate lets make this happen, hit me with a few dates that your free and ill chack what im doing and we can arrange a meet up :-) im down gatwick area and there are plenty of places to go around here which are nice as well as good driving spots so we can always meet around this way if ya like, have a think tho im cool for meeting anywhere really.

Jamie

You boys dont know what "south" is :wink:

I cant see the problem with the lack of edit button. Just preview your posts before if you're not sure.

I think it could do with a signature option. Other than that its pretty cool.

Oh and when you join you should get a sticker free :P

richy
12-07-2008, 18:37
we already have a parts/codes/reviews section aswell as a guides section for members, although i do know what you mean, more of a library of data regarding any usefull info

richy
12-07-2008, 18:40
agreed aswell regards edit button, just review what you type(i know debug problem lol) but it was removed due to abuse of the edit button.

Tommo
12-07-2008, 19:40
Edit button is my only grumble, I know what you're saying about reviewing before you post, but sometimes you miss things, then read it back after posting and it makes you look stupid and you can't amend it. Why not introduce a time limit on the edit, maybe 10 mins, that way you will still have time to amend the post incase there's anything missed

richy
12-07-2008, 19:55
yeah that would be a fair compramise imo

Joel
12-07-2008, 20:54
EDIT BUTTON :wink:

fasterthanjesus
12-07-2008, 21:05
"the secret promotional code that gives 70% off parts at renault"

2 live
13-07-2008, 00:37
dont u get that??

thort evryone did ;)

drsmith1979
13-07-2008, 06:30
i agree with both sides of the edit button, for me i think an imposed time limit should be introduced so if you have made any school boy errors it not there for eternity for all to see! haha....

The home page needs an overall and the pictures need to be updated, maybe we can use some of the calender pictures as backgrounds and jazz it up a little. I think people would also like to feel they get more for their subscription money other than certain perks i.e. like the guides section etc...

I think merchandise is another good idea, it was always nice to see a fellow williams with a williamsclio.co.uk sticker in the rear window. Maybe 'fixing days' where people can meet up and simply help each other out with tools and getting shite done, i know some of the less able members would appreciate that, i know people do it anyway, but if you could repackage it somewhere and have a few sherberts and a bite to eat then it would be great for moral and club identity. hard to sort i know but it would be cool.

I think there needs to be 'national' style events where people can simply meet up from all parts of the UK and not just with your local members etc...

The Guides section needs to be cleaned up every now and again and remove posts saying 'oh yeah this is great' etc... i know this is done and is also hard to impliment, but it would be nice to be able to simply search for it and find it. Speaking of which, lets make the search function a little more specific, its too general and ends up leading to lots of pointless thread reading!

thats it for now, i'll come back and finish you off later! haha ;)

ThRaXaIR
13-07-2008, 17:07
more discounts on parts from reno and performance parts from places! that would be awesome!

meets would be good as we dont do anything.

Joel
13-07-2008, 18:19
Meets where Gay Cars Like My Corsa are allowed :lol: :lol: :lol:

northy
13-07-2008, 21:33
i never found a mod that would allow a edit for a preset time which would work with the other mods installed on the forum

Edit button stays off guys - please read your posts or if u spot a mistake pm a mod...thats why we are here.

J o n
14-07-2008, 12:28

Everyone's welcome, I did post up an idea for a meet but no one's interested... which has been the problem for some time now.

Little point making any changes to this club imo, it's almost as if it's run its course I'm sad to say.

Taylor
14-07-2008, 13:02
better to be able to say tried and failed that to have never tried at all, no?

where there is a will there is a way, well not atm as northy is holding me back lol

McPikie
14-07-2008, 13:15

Everyone's welcome, I did post up an idea for a meet but no one's interested... which has been the problem for some time now.

Little point making any changes to this club imo, it's almost as if it's run its course I'm sad to say.

I wanted to post........... but I wasnt allowed

:cry:

I fancy another Cat & Fiddle run too

rob-legend
14-07-2008, 18:19
huuuuuuge discount, stan should help out :P haha

shame about the edit button, but i do agree with you on a level northy

Winston
14-07-2008, 18:24
EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no other forums have problems with having one :? :roll:

Maybe paying members can have one... would make me pay up lol

Winston
14-07-2008, 18:29

I wanted to post........... but I wasnt allowed

:cry:

I fancy another Cat & Fiddle run too

Ditto

fasterthanjesus
14-07-2008, 20:50
i think a section called "mtbf" mean time between failure.

where you post your "failure and mileage".
ie my clutch pedal and clutch went pop at 127k. was original clutch pedal, cant say about cable.
power steering pump done at 100k. refurbed. was original.
gear box refurbed at 115k. bearings were grinding.
clutch done at 87k.

wouldnt take much info to build a picture of expected mtbfs of components. would also be useful if your taking time out to do certain jobs to maybe consider doing others as well.

if say 10 people put in the same part, it should give a fair guide to parts failures.

robi1000
14-07-2008, 22:50
1.) EDIT button!
2.) Working Garage section (can't edit atm)
3.) Fixed debug mode if I make long posts
4.) Bigger PM inbox :D

That's it for now. Maybe I'll think of something later.

Taylor
15-07-2008, 10:43
tbh thius was more, out of the club, not the forum, i wont be toutching any of foum technical stuff,
tbh doesnt look like ill be doing anything now :(

eternalife
15-07-2008, 11:36
I think Summeh's idea on page one was pretty good - also on CS they have a time lapsed Edit button which could work here if an upgrade goes ahead.

Drsmiths idea of 'fixing days' is true club spirit.

Jesus: It is a shame that the club does have a 'feel' of coming to the 'end of its lifetime'...
Maybe get good old Rob back on here, I am sure he will liven things up :wink:
Just seems a real funny period the club is going through at the mo and its not easy to associate it with any one reason...is it due to not having the time to post as much? bored of it all? not owning a clio mk1/williams any more? alternative clubs available? etc..

The complete forum methodolgy needs restructuring/reorganising, everything on WC seems a little too ordinary. Other clubs seem to have taken the WC set-up, and improved it further (much to the detriment of WC imo).

Tommo
15-07-2008, 12:12
There are a few good ideas floating around this thread, if some of these are taken on board and integrated into the club then I think WC can push forward. If the attitude of admin is that WC is dead and no changes occur then it's sad to say it probably will be

J o n
15-07-2008, 12:14
yeah agree mate (bar letting Rob back on, but if others want him back it's fine with me, I'll keep the ****er in line lol).

Like you say, people seem to have lost interest, but then nothing is organised as a club event anymore, the NW meets never happen unless it's a trackday, but as I dont tend to pay for trackdays I tend to go further south to places like Silverstone... a lot.

It needs an overhaul too, it's actually quite a depressingly dated forum to look at, thats one major thing that needs changing. Dunno, really it's upto Northy, some more input from the owner would be nice ;)

robi1000
15-07-2008, 12:17
Well for me and I believe for a lot of other people all over the world who are not from UK, only thing that matters is what you get for that subscription on the forum. All I can say is that this forum is great, but has some really annoying mistakes.

northy
15-07-2008, 12:54
been working on a new site for years - but with my new jobs it been hard.

Will try and get it sorted this summer

white16valver
15-07-2008, 13:01
I think everyone's just having a blip at the moment - life seems to get getting hard with the current financial situation so maybe people aren't so keen/able to splash the cash on goodies and keeping an 'old' car going?

Either way, this place is a great resource and I hope it keeps going :)

Personally I'd love the idea of a "fixing day" - would give me the inspiration to actually get all the stuff done I keep putting off :oops: lol :lol: and also mean that those less confident can gain some skills!

J o n
15-07-2008, 13:42
been working on a new site for years - but with my new jobs it been hard.

Will try and get it sorted this summer

just do go in work til it's done... sorted.

McPikie
15-07-2008, 13:44
tbh doesnt look like ill be doing anything now :(

Why's that?