PDA

View Full Version : Removing badges, front & rear

McPikie
10-07-2008, 08:39
Guys, isit just a case of prising them off with a screwdriver? Or is there a certain way to take them off?

Obviously, I wanna keep them, just removing them to paint them

white16valver
10-07-2008, 09:37
A knife wrapped in insulation tape to prise them off perhaps?

MatrixGuy
10-07-2008, 13:57
I think you use heat to help remove them, i.e. a hair dryer

McPikie
10-07-2008, 13:58

So they just glued on, no pins??

MatrixGuy
10-07-2008, 14:07

So they just glued on, no pins??

I don't think so bud, i might be wrong though! :shock:

white16valver
10-07-2008, 14:48
Rear 'name' badges are pinned through the body so leave holes afaik.

katbloke
10-07-2008, 17:21
i would get something to release the adhesive from the badge may be some strong cotton or something pulled tight and worked around, then use a suitably gentle method to prise them from their holes, be careful as they bend and crack/snap easy. use acetone or something similar to remove adhesive from paintwork afterwards.

bendee
10-07-2008, 18:23
when i took mine off the front comes off with just a screwdriver and prising it off but the rears are glued and have the plastic melted flat inside the boot lid so you have to remove that and gently lever it up being careful not to bend them. useing heat to melt the glue works but i didnt i was just carefull

McPikie
11-07-2008, 08:30
when i took mine off the front comes off with just a screwdriver and prising it off but the rears are glued and have the plastic melted flat inside the boot lid so you have to remove that and gently lever it up being careful not to bend them. useing heat to melt the glue works but i didnt i was just carefull

Perfect answer

Cheers fella

:D