PDA

View Full Version : Teccy help on engine change please lads

nuttynutter123
09-07-2008, 16:53
hi all... i dont come on here much but read on here all the time and you all sound like you know what you are doing.

I bought a clio valver a few months ago and to be honest insurance and petrol is killing me. everything is getting so expensive these days. anyway my first car was a 1.2 clio which i loved so decided to keep when i bought my valver.

obviously as we all know valvers look the nuts compared to standard clios, so i was hoping you lads would be able to guide me through what i would need to do to put the 1.2 engine into my valver, which would then save me both petrol and i hope insurance costs!
i have a bit of expierence with cars... i out alloy wheels and that on my 1.2 and put a back box on so i kind of know what i am doing.

Thanks in advance guys. i will be more than willing to post pics etc of my project when it gets going.

Thanks again

BRUN
09-07-2008, 17:10
its very likely your insurance wouldnt go down mate

Laine_16v
09-07-2008, 17:11
1.2 into a valver? thats an absolute crime lol!

Daz.
09-07-2008, 17:49
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT !

16v_paddy
09-07-2008, 19:09
not worth the hassle m8

use the 1.2 as a daily driver and get a limited mileage policy for the valver and use it purely as a weekend toy otherwise its a case of bite the bullet and keep the valver and get rid of the 1.2 or the other way round

chances are ur insurance will actually go up as your valver will be classed as modified with another engine regardless of how weak & underpowered it would be

would cost a small fortune to do all that work and then insure it just to save a few quid on petrol

16v_paddy
09-07-2008, 19:09
not worth the hassle m8

use the 1.2 as a daily driver and get a limited mileage policy for the valver and use it purely as a weekend toy otherwise its a case of bite the bullet and keep the valver and get rid of the 1.2 or the other way round

chances are ur insurance will actually go up as your valver will be classed as modified with another engine regardless of how weak & underpowered it would be

would cost a small fortune to do all that work and then insure it just to save a few quid on petrol

white16valver
09-07-2008, 19:42
What he said ^^^ :)

Daz.
10-07-2008, 06:27
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT !

I'm still with the above comment :lol:

Flan
11-07-2008, 00:11
lol, gotta be done, There are enough valvers out there with 1.2 badges on so why not have a true 1.2 valver.

at the end of the day if your not bothered about speed do it! :lol: it will take you a weekend max.

plus your tax will go down ;)