PDA

View Full Version : I want to make my Williams look wider...

darkfibre
30-06-2008, 18:13
Hi,

Had a search through older posts, and stumbled across widetracking and H&R Hubscentric Spacers.

I want to fill our my arches a bit more!

Probably covered a million times before but could anyone tell me what I would need in order to achieve this and rough costs?

Thanks,

darkfibre

Ahmed Bayjoo
30-06-2008, 18:24
your williams already has the widetrack 8)

normally its people who own valvers or hybrids that get their cars widetracked , i.e the williams set up 8) .

widetrack is the proper way , or the cheaper way is spacers.

MatrixGuy
01-07-2008, 14:32
Keep it standard mate! :shock:

fasterthanjesus
01-07-2008, 15:16
avoid spacers imo. unless you have a endless supply of wheel bearings.

MAXIBOY
01-07-2008, 18:19

old wives tale doesn't kill bearings

white16valver
01-07-2008, 19:21
Mine seem to go of their own accord anyway :roll: :evil: lol

arj256
01-07-2008, 22:23

old wives tale doesn't kill bearings

Its not though.
By moving the wheel further away from the bearing. Your going to be increasing the leverage against it.
So you are going to be accelerating the wear.

Coops
01-07-2008, 23:36
mines been fine :wink:

jamie
02-07-2008, 01:54
Please dont mess about with a williams, get a valver mess about with and stick large wings etc on it lol sell the willy to someone who loves it...

A williams should be left alone mate.

darkfibre
02-07-2008, 02:11
Bladdy hell just cost I want to make it a few mm's wider doesn't mean I don't love the car! :roll:

jamie
02-07-2008, 02:25
Is the williams with widetrack not wide enough already tho?

Oszy
02-07-2008, 07:31
Bladdy hell just cost I want to make it a few mm's wider doesn't mean I don't love the car! :roll:

The front side is maybe enough for you, but I had also put some spacer for the rear. It is from aluminium(light and strong), and it is 2-2,5cm/side(do not rem. exactly).
Looks much better, and caused no damage till now.
Due to that, I have to use longer screw, witch I could get from a friend, who is dealing with old Mercedes cars, as thely have the same bolt as Renault but much more longer :) I could get it for free :)

Yanoo_
02-07-2008, 08:11
I had also put some spacer for the rear. It is from aluminium(light and strong), and it is 2-2,5cm/side(do not rem. exactly).

According to this: your car looks fantastic with spacers and Ragnotti's wheel. It's a love at first sight :roll:

white16valver
02-07-2008, 08:20
Has doing that ^^^ changed the adjustability in the corners? I'd imagine a wider rear end would 'stick' more, therefore not be as playful.

Oszy
02-07-2008, 09:16
Has doing that ^^^ changed the adjustability in the corners? I'd imagine a wider rear end would 'stick' more, therefore not be as playful.

would say yes, but actually do not feel any big difference :)

darkfibre
02-07-2008, 09:41
The front side is maybe enough for you, but I had also put some spacer for the rear. It is from aluminium(light and strong), and it is 2-2,5cm/side(do not rem. exactly).
Looks much better, and caused no damage till now.
Due to that, I have to use longer screw, witch I could get from a friend, who is dealing with old Mercedes cars, as thely have the same bolt as Renault but much more longer :) I could get it for free :)

Yes you are spot on - the fronts look ok to me, it's the rear I want to widen a bit. Do you have any pics of your car?

Oszy
02-07-2008, 10:17
have some up here:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27473

but actually not so visible.....I will make some new picts soon :)
oh yes, and do not remember on witch picture the spacer is on or not :)))

Yanoo!
dont you have some pictures from my car?
ohhh and thanks for your comment actually :oops:

Regards,
Oszy

darkfibre
02-07-2008, 10:30
Hey nice car dude. You're right, it's a bit hard to tell whether spacers are on or not...look forward to seeing other pics! 8)

It's just the rear you spaced, right?

Yanoo_
02-07-2008, 10:31
No, I don't have any pics at this moment. I'm just working (khmmm) :twisted:

Oszy
02-07-2008, 11:35
It's just the rear you spaced, right?

exactly! :wink:

Ivor Williams
02-07-2008, 17:17
have some up here:

A worthwhile mod, then??!! :roll: :lol:

teabag
02-07-2008, 18:23
if you want widerrr

you need dimmaaaa

lol

:lol:

MAXIBOY
02-07-2008, 18:25
or maxi... 8)

darkfibre
02-07-2008, 18:36
if you want widerrr

you need dimmaaaa

lol

:lol:

or maxi... 8)

I agree that's the way forward fellas...but I can't afford em! :(

Oszy
03-07-2008, 07:53
have some up here:

A worthwhile mod, then??!! :roll: :lol:

for free? yes it is, but not so visible on the side pics. :)
but not everyone like it, it is not a prob. :roll:

eternalife
03-07-2008, 10:56

I always felt the front on the williams keeps the back in check - party due to the reduced width at the rear.
By increasing the width at the back, i would think the back would be less inclined to stay in shape.

Oszy
03-07-2008, 11:11

I always felt the front on the williams keeps the back in check - party due to the reduced width at the rear.
By increasing the width at the back, i would think the back would be less inclined to stay in shape.

surely dosen't became worts, it is still drivenable like before, maybe even better. I still can won the sprint/slalom races :) :wink:
I think that the shocks and the tyres are more important.
Also I had my previous car (a valver) lovered in the front and at the back, and after it drives like s..it!! and my oppinion is also that for the front, you do not need to put to hard shocks...

eternalife
03-07-2008, 11:19

surely dosen't became worts, it is still drivenable like before, maybe even better. I still can won the sprint/slalom races :) :wink:
I think that the shocks and the tyres are more important.
Also I had my previous car (a valver) lovered in the front and at the back, and after it drives like s..it!! and my oppinion is also that for the front, you do not need to put to hard shocks...

What differences have you noticed by increasing the rear width? does it understeer more? or oversteer more? back easier or harder to control?
100% agree with your on the tyre/suspension comments 8)

Oszy
04-07-2008, 07:27
Hi!

actually I do not feel a big difference, it is still easy to make the car oversteare(with big braking, or with put your leg off from the throttle pedal at high rpm), but easy to controll it as well....so not a sudden thing :)
One of my friend try my car, and he saied that it has just the same handling as his 17poo!

regards,
Oszy

Mattie
05-07-2008, 13:01
lower it slightly and buy wider tires :)