PDA

View Full Version : willams co2 emissions??

smokey 219
27-06-2008, 00:44
Hi there all

really sorry if this is d wrong place but would anyone know what the co2 emissions of a williams are in a g/km??

any help is much appreciated!!

stevie_b
27-06-2008, 09:21
To my knowledge it has never been recorded on this car. To get the figure you need to run the car on a test rig over a set 'route' with different loads placed on the engine and the Williams was released way before this became a mandatory part of the type approval process.

white16valver
27-06-2008, 11:02
Just out of interest, why do you need to know?

They're all too old for this stupid, irrelevant, based on flawed science new tax system!

smokey 219
28-06-2008, 23:26
I need to find out cos the new vrt and road tax in ireland is based on this figure from tuesday and I wanted to know if it was worth vrting my williams on monday or waiting and doing it on the new system from tuesday!!

Swervin_Mervin
29-06-2008, 00:39
I'd suggest getting it on monday. It will be ahigh as it's an older enginer not deisgned to give off piffling CO2 figures to meet Euro4.

Either that or move. :lol:

stevie_b
29-06-2008, 09:22
It appears that the Irish road tax will only be on CO2 for cars registered after 1st July, when they bring this system in. As I said before there is no way they know the CO2/km for a given car unless it has been measured under very controlled conditions as part of the EU type approval process, which older cars never went through. For cars before that, in this new Irish system, it is done on engine capacity, so if you have a Williams (just under 2 litres) it will be 590 EUR per year from 1/7/08. What's the current rate you pay on cars over there?

smokey 219
29-06-2008, 17:26
thanks mervin but movin aint really an option I might just leave it on d ni plate!!

stevie it's for the vrt(vehicle registration tax) that i need to know it not the road tax on the old system it's just over 600 euro to vrt it which aint the end of the world but I'm just tryin to figure out roughly how much more (or less fingers crossed) it will be from tuesday!!

as said i might just leave it ni plated and hope someone off the forum buys it and won't need it vrt'd!!

smokey 219
02-07-2008, 00:59
I've just found out the willy 2 & 3 are 189 g/km so I'd figure the willy 1 would be the same yeah??

white16valver
02-07-2008, 08:17
Where did you find that out?

As stevie_b says above, it's only for cars registered after 1st July this year isn't it? Therefore anything older must go on the old system?

smokey 219
03-07-2008, 01:33
it's actually on the online vrt system is where i found that out!!

also it's for cars newly registered in ireland since 1st of july which is what my one will be now as it's ni reg at the mo!!

oh and if i had vrt'd it before monday it'd have cost me an extra 56 euros so a bit of a saving made there!!