PDA

View Full Version : A quick hello and update on my Williams

jamie
23-06-2008, 15:22
First of all a big hello to everyone on this site!!!

Have been away for a while as my Williams has been in the garage having alot of work done.

Have been without her for a good 2 weeks now and cant wait to get her back which should be any day now.

Well the following work is being carried out:

- Cam belt change
- New Clutch
- New front suspension springs
- New bushes
- New dampers
- Altanator bracket
- Full service
- Welding
- Undercoating
- MOT
- Complete set of interior bulbs
- various other little bits

The plan was to get the work completed to bring her back to scratch and then sell to purchase a skyline but to be honest I cant.....so im going to keep her and enjoy.

Have had the Williams phase 1 number 139 for 2 years now and love it, complete classic, head turner and nothing else quite like it!!

So the garage is going over the whole car and fixing everything that needs doing so she will run like new again.

Its a big job but to me so worth it.

Then its onto the bodywork with a full wheel re-ferb, arches sorted out and all the little dents and stone chips sorted out.

Ill post some pics once all the work is done along with my impressions, so to sum up its all costing a few grand but once done she will look and drive like she rolled off the production line 14 or so year ago, cant wait...bring it on!!!!!

By the end of it all I should have one of the best condition Williams in the country!!!!

northy
23-06-2008, 15:26
thought u sold up mate ?

jamie
23-06-2008, 15:34
thought u sold up mate ?

Hell no, I cant wait to make the journey and meet up with you guys on a meet but untill the willy is in showroom condition I wont be happy. Really cant wait to get her back :D

jamie
01-07-2008, 22:57
Right then after 3 weeks of being in the garage iv got her back and all I can say is im in love all over again lol

With new suspension, clutch, de-cat etc she is the best handling car iv ever driven! Also she now pops big, not sure if its flaming but it sure as hell soulds like it, and that to me is worth every penny.

This thing now feels like a monster, my mate took me out in his 3.0ltr v6 nissan zx today and my williams just destroyes it in terms of sound he he loving it!!

Next stop completely removing the entire shell from the car,taking every part apart, sorting out every single bit of rust, completely new trim accross the whole car, a complete re-spray and re-ferbing the wheels....cant wait!!!!!