PDA

View Full Version : So...

Wobba
23-06-2008, 10:30
Bad sunburn from FCS.

Everyone at work is laughing at my bright red face... :cry:

Still, there were some nice cars on display, and I got a few pics I will put up. Was fun to meet a few people and see some shiny metal :)

Coops
23-06-2008, 10:37
me too mate, am like a ****in panda :(

talkingfish
23-06-2008, 10:41
was a bit disappointed to be fair - was a good turnout from the 16v boys though!! events were crap - had to laugh when the drifter put the car in the gravel!!

Numbers well down on last year, both from on here and visitors in general...

I think FCS might have a problem getting people there next year.....

white16valver
23-06-2008, 10:42
LOL

I'm not too bad, fortunately :)

What did we all think of the show itself?

I thought it was smaller than last year, in the trader's area mainly, and it was also a lot quieter than I remember it being last year :(

Still, I got to meet some new people so that was what I came for really :)

I'm jealous of the shiny metal - didn't have the time to do mine, plus rust is making it look pants :( lol

white16valver
23-06-2008, 10:43
D'oh, too slow posting!

I was wondering about next year too, but it may well all be down to the current financial problems.

Would you make a long not-strictly-necessary trip at £1.20/litre?!

Tommo
23-06-2008, 11:40
Disappointed.....was a lot quieter than last year, after browsing around the club stands and having a mooch around the trade stands there wasn't much more to see really (last year they had the stunt bikes, monster trucks, parachutists etc)....and that annoying chavy dance music was driving me nuts! On the plus side it was good to get out for the day, see some lovely shiny cars (the Venturi 400GT was the car of the day imo, stunning) and get a nice tan.....

wavy
23-06-2008, 12:20
my forehead is very sore today lol
i thought it was a bit pants :-(
no where near as much entertainment as last year and that wasnt great either haha
thousands of less people
i doubt i will go next year 3hrs each way and £65 in fuel
saying that the drive down was almost the best bit lol

ended up having a decent time with some of the guys so that made up for lack of ? well anything lol i only seen 5 or 6 trade stands mainly selling speakers or trainers ?
if i do go next year i will be bringing a spare mirror or to for talking fish's car lol that is 1 clean clio :-)

white16valver
23-06-2008, 12:50
I agree - I had a very good drive up and back via some back roads :twisted: :D

Wobba
23-06-2008, 14:43
lol the driving to and from was fairly mad at times :D

We think we saw some kind of incident on the way back with a Police car and 2 french cars, one a Clio Trophy...not sure what happened.

I was chasing along with Arj256 and Summeh down south. Was amusing watch Adam getting his R19's rear twitching about on all the roundabouts on the A45 hehe.

I had my car spotless before I went up, but by the time it got there it was covered in shite and I didnt have much to clean it with :(

white16valver
23-06-2008, 15:53
Used and Abused look FTW :P 8)

spikey-ben
23-06-2008, 17:41
With this being my first ever fcs i was a bit dissapoineted in the days entertainment, But there was some nice cars there. And got some nice pictures.
Am glad i didnt parks next to talkingfish, his car is just so clean am very impressed by it. :)
On a plus note, it was good meeting some of the peeps off the forum and putting a face to the name. :)

arj256
23-06-2008, 18:24
I got real bad sunburn :( lol dam clouds hiding the sun.
Was a good day out i thought, enjoyed it.
Though imo the show would be better being more about the clubs and people. Than the commercial side of things.

lol the driving to and from was fairly mad at times :D

We think we saw some kind of incident on the way back with a Police car and 2 french cars, one a Clio Trophy...not sure what happened.

I was chasing along with Arj256 and Summeh down south. Was amusing watch Adam getting his R19's rear twitching about on all the roundabouts on the A45 hehe.

I had my car spotless before I went up, but by the time it got there it was covered in shite and I didnt have much to clean it with :(

Always good fun the A43 :D

dimma16v
24-06-2008, 02:05
it was good meeting some of the peeps off the forum and putting a face to the name. :)

same here

dickies_willy2
24-06-2008, 19:44
hey everyone! was cool meeting up with some of you. the only thing was... i thought the show was a bit rubbish. nothing realy to do there!
o well... we should organise a pod day or sumit realy, will be a bit cheaper on the track time aswell hehe 8)

Wobba
25-06-2008, 15:09
Anyone else moved onto the face peeling stage yet?

I have :(

Taylor
25-06-2008, 15:28
oddly usually being the 1st to burt i just went a bit brown lol

poor day compared to last year imo

summeh
25-06-2008, 17:29
Anyone else moved onto the face peeling stage yet?

I have :(

yeah my nose is all blistered, quite painful :/

davem
27-06-2008, 01:59
could of been worse

it was for me!

http://www.youtube.com/v/73b-JF9MwWs

summeh
29-06-2008, 17:35
:/

The odd thing is that looks like the same corner/scenario i lost it in my cup car, but coming from the other direction.

northy
29-06-2008, 21:23
thats not the same corner mate, the corner u came off at was further out lol

Any pictures of your car ? who were u on track with ?

Lunner
12-07-2008, 18:01
Show was shit, left at 1, good crack witht eh willy clio guys, hardley left the stand all day