PDA

View Full Version : R5 GTT

teabag
17-06-2008, 14:16
should i, shouldnt i?

are these easier to live with than valvers?

got a turbo itch atm and i'm seriously considering one, but could do with some advice; what too look out for, whats the expensive repair jobs, best mods etc etc

cheers

white16valver
17-06-2008, 14:39
As near to standard as possible would probably be the best thing to go for, but rarer than rocking horse now.

They are apparently very reliable until you start playing with the engine! lol

Rich
17-06-2008, 16:15
you think clios rot then get ready with a 5! wouldn't like to crash in one either! not reliable unless you keep std (even then they need a copper core rad to stop them overheating) stay well away unless you have deep pockets mate.

dimmajon
17-06-2008, 16:44
i agreee if u have a turbo itch there are a few valver turbo's kicking about for less than 3k!
i find my valver very easy to live with. persist with what u have is my advice tbitch :)

Winston
17-06-2008, 17:17
Im loving 5 ownership

Easier to work on than a valver / Williams

Cheaper parts... ish

They go bang due to folk cranking the boost silly amounts and not matching the fueling

Not as fast out the box as williams... but extremely tuneable

Get one with a stack of receipts.... I paid £1200 and spent about that much on it

DO IT!!!!!

teabag
18-06-2008, 12:28
Im loving 5 ownership

Easier to work on than a valver / Williams

Cheaper parts... ish

They go bang due to folk cranking the boost silly amounts and not matching the fueling

Not as fast out the box as williams... but extremely tuneable

Get one with a stack of receipts.... I paid £1200 and spent about that much on it

DO IT!!!!!

its your fault i want one, after seeing yours on CS :D

teabag
18-06-2008, 12:28
i agreee if u have a turbo itch there are a few valver turbo's kicking about for less than 3k!
i find my valver very easy to live with. persist with what u have is my advice tbitch :)

your valver is easy to live with because u know me and amit :P