PDA

View Full Version : turbo - power in car but not turning starter

lewis_willy2
16-06-2008, 19:09
right guys finally after months off the road i am very close to starting my turbo. i fitted the battery in the boot tonite and connected it up. all the electrics work fine, including the central locking. but the alarm will not work and it seems to have no power to the starter (i havent checked with a multimeter)

i havent got connected the injectors, oil pressure sender cable, any thermostat housing sensors the lambda or the reverse on the gearbox.

will these cause any probs?

does the whole alarm starter motor situation sound like they could be linked? immobiliser???

spikey-ben
16-06-2008, 19:24
Check weather youve got voltage at the solonoid. Think you should have 4 or 5 wires consisting of 2 thick ones and 2 thin ones you will probly have an earth on this as well. test between + & - on thins first with ingnition turned as you would start it and then the same on the thicker ones. If youve got voltage there try tapping starter solonoid with a hammer carfully because it could be jammed. If theres no voltage there its time to check fuses ect.

lewis_willy2
16-06-2008, 21:56
thats what im gonna do 2mro after work but i really think the alarm not working may have something to do with it?

stan
16-06-2008, 21:58
does it have an after market immobiliser? are you de-activating it?

where does the +ve lead go to when its in the engine bay?

lewis_willy2
16-06-2008, 22:13
it has a standard williams toad alarm.

the two +ve cables that went directly to the battery now go into a 4 way split connector and has 1 cable running to the boot.

bass_direct
17-06-2008, 19:52
off topic, but turbo everything else done now mate? whats the spec

lewis_willy2
18-06-2008, 22:10
im running forged pistons with a t28 pulsar turbo. 21 injectors n map sensor. really should update my project post. turbo is soooo tight. gonna be running within the next month i hope. just gotta get it turning over and buy a high boost chip :D

bass_direct
19-06-2008, 04:30
nice one, think coops has a high boost chip for sale.

LEIGH-ANNE
19-06-2008, 13:14
Lewis ive just had the same problem, although obviously not fitting the turbo, all electrics working absolutly fine although the car just kept cutting out. I had a feeling mine was alarm too! (Cobra)

Had a couple of peeps from here look at it (arj - great help mate, cheers)

All pointed to the alarm/immobiliser......got the garage to whip it all out - now working perfectly again!

Looked through the stacks of reciepts i had, yet no problem arisen really before - seems the alarm just wanted to trip out for no reason.....this was only over past week or so, so not really been raining alot to think it may have got damp or sumthing

Hope you get urs soted anyway.....

leighanne