PDA

View Full Version : Another Wishbones Question

Swervin_Mervin
16-06-2008, 13:38
just found this post from Mick

STOP!!!!

Now, go here: BuyPartsBuy

You want parts CDSA269S & CDSA268S. £12.82 each plus VAT and postage. They come ready to fit with new Inner bushes and new Ball Joints Wink

Mick

Anyone used the buypartsby wishbones? They bloody cheap at that price! But are they made from recycled Kinder Egg wrappers? :P

doug2.0
16-06-2008, 20:36
i wont be buying them anyway, can see the bushes lasting about a year!

at my local discount motor factors (andrew page) its £12 for the bottom balljoint and £42 for a wishbone
which is actually more than renault as i went and got a quote today
£51 9inc vat) a side for both wishbone and bottom ball joint at my dealership thats with 10% discount but still works out cheaper than the non OE ones.

ive been spending £100 a week on parts for the last month, its not even funny :cry:

just done the throttle cable tonight what a cunt that was and its still not right.
i did a search and found you did yours not so long ago
have you got any tips on getting the rubber grommit with plastic bit through the bulkhead properly?
ive tried everything even lubed it up lol

u33db
16-06-2008, 20:55
I've bought wishbones from buypartsby.

Fair enough they were R5 items but couldn't fault the quality...looked every bit as good as some genuine williams ones i bought once.

Buypartsby do good stuff...ordered their 16v discs and pads and mintex ones came so pretty good IMO.

Laine_16v
16-06-2008, 21:05
Put some wishbones from then on my old valver, the quality is fine.

doug2.0
16-06-2008, 21:28
sounds okay then, just orderd a pair £38 inc vat and delivery, so works out over a tenner cheaper than 1 from renault

Swervin_Mervin
16-06-2008, 22:36
Doug, throttle cable was a PITA to do. Was a while ago now on my old valver.

They changed them slightly and the grommet is now more difficult to get in. Persevere is all I can say. Then I struggled to get the sleeve through that and found very little adjustability. Load of bum gravy if you ask me.

Cheers guys for the response on the wishbones. It's only to get a track and weekend only valver back on the road again so it sounds like the buypartsby ones will do the trick. 8)

number1
17-06-2008, 17:49
i used 19 16v wishbones on mine, had to grind away metal where the wishbone bolts into the subframe so they didnt foul, good price tho

Dave

doug2.0
18-06-2008, 18:34
oh DO NOT put your phonenumber in either buypartsbuy or ktec, i did it 2 days ago and have started getting ****ing cold calls on my mobile so annoying