PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Spec 285mm 4 pot kit

Lunner
15-06-2008, 10:56
Does anyone have this kit?

Is the pedal nice and hard with it? Mine was spongy when i fitted them, and renewed everything, all seals on calipers, master cylinder, all lines and bled through god knows how many times the pedal is still spongy.

Someoen else i know has this kit on his mk1 clio and has same problem, just can't get teh wheels to lock up, he's fitted a larger master cylinder from a laguna, and stil no joy

Jamie.
15-06-2008, 11:07
Does anyone have this kit?

Is the pedal nice and hard with it? Mine was spongy when i fitted them, and renewed everything, all seals on calipers, master cylinder, all lines and bled through god knows how many times the pedal is still spongy.

Someoen else i know has this kit on his mk1 clio and has same problem, just can't get teh wheels to lock up, he's fitted a larger master cylinder from a laguna, and stil no joy

I have the same problem although my pedal was also very spongy with the standard setup.

Although I don't have any problem locking up the wheels, always sets the abs going pretty quickly tbh.

You are using Dot 5 aren't you?

Lunner
15-06-2008, 11:11
I'm using castrol dot 4 super, used 2 ltrs of the ****er.

They will stop you, gonna get it MOTed and then get some miles on them and bed them in

speed
15-06-2008, 11:47
coops has hi spec set up, maybe he can help

Rich
15-06-2008, 18:10
always heard bad things about hi-spec set ups tbh mate(ie caliper flex is quite alarming). try tightening the bolts which hold the 2 sides of the caliper together.

richy
15-06-2008, 21:05
are the 4pot caliper nippls to the top and have u bleed both sides of the calipers, inside and outside nipples.

dimma16v
16-06-2008, 02:39
did you have your hand brake off when bleeding the brakes as if you had it on it will effect the brakeing

i've got the 300mm hi spec brakes and there nothing wrong with mines i use halfords dot 5.1 fluid bleed the whole car with the Eezibleed kit which use your tyre pressure to bleed with(only£15 for it)brillant kit for one person job get car done in under half hour depending on how quick you can jack car up and take wheel off and put it all back agian 8)