PDA

View Full Version : Competition

Bully
20-06-2005, 22:00
Been reading the threads today, very amusing. I think this is causing a load of sh*t over nothing, i too remember Stromba from the CS days and i think most of his posts are hilarious, water off a ducks back, let it roll off you, over your head etc etc. I realise i cant speak about emails and PM's etc but just a view from what i have read over here now and again.
Now back to the the competition, i see a few of you lot do the 1/4 mile, with some good times....King seems not too think much of 1/4 miles etc, each to his own eh? So why dont you boys meet each other half way if you want to have a bit of fun and compete head to head...do a hillclimb.
It takes balls and very very good driving to do a good time. You will all be humbled by the locals if you ever do it, who i would imagine, pi*s all over you in a mini, which is to be expected.
Why not do it? have a few bets etc, give the winnings to charity? it could be a club meet with a dinner and few beers after...it is a surefire way to see who is quick and who is all mouth and a damn good day too. And before you ask, have i done one? yes i have, on my bike im afraid as i want to go fast :twisted:

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-06-2005, 22:04
Already got a Sprint day arranged in August. I compete in tarmac rallying 5-6 times a year which is about as much as I can take off work with car prep etc.

Also used to do a few unofficial events in the middle of the night on the mountain roads around here. Police soon cottoned on though. :evil:

Wouldnt mind getting it started again one day soon.

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 22:10
Been reading the threads today, very amusing. I think this is causing a load of sh*t over nothing, i too remember Stromba from the CS days and i think most of his posts are hilarious, water off a ducks back, let it roll off you, over your head etc etc. I realise i cant speak about emails and PM's etc but just a view from what i have read over here now and again.
Now back to the the competition, i see a few of you lot do the 1/4 mile, with some good times....King seems not too think much of 1/4 miles etc, each to his own eh? So why dont you boys meet each other half way if you want to have a bit of fun and compete head to head...do a hillclimb.
It takes balls and very very good driving to do a good time. You will all be humbled by the locals if you ever do it, who i would imagine, pi*s all over you in a mini, which is to be expected.
Why not do it? have a few bets etc, give the winnings to charity? it could be a club meet with a dinner and few beers after...it is a surefire way to see who is quick and who is all mouth and a damn good day too. And before you ask, have i done one? yes i have, on my bike im afraid as i want to go fast :twisted:

Trouble is i dont track my car. :)

Bully
20-06-2005, 22:15
Its not a track, its a public road. Get a days ACU licence and pay your entry fee, tape your lights up and do it...scared King? so you dont drive on your limits on public roads then? i remember driving tales on CS, i realise some were tales.... A track is a totally different thing.
Mark, you seem to know your onions mate...what do you reckon? hills are usually on a sunday with practice on saturday...for the lucky ones, we dont get a practice over here. It would be a good laugh, all going up in Williams, against the clock..no excuses, eh King?

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-06-2005, 22:22
I must admit I do drive to my limits on the roads at night around here. Its the best and cheapest way to practise for tarmac rallying, with only the occasional sheep to crash into.

What is this ACU license then?

Bully
20-06-2005, 22:30
you need a day licence to do a hillclimb, or unless you already have one from the rallying. It would need to be looked into if anyone was serious about doing it. It was just an idea after all, just to add a bit of spice to the Forum and club. There seems to be alot of people getting pee'd off with each other and this would be a great way to let off steam and meet each other...and prove whos the fastest :shock:
Pity King has already started making excuses, although apart from yourself no one else has replied yet...

richy
20-06-2005, 22:31
im intrested although not got a clue what ur on about lol :P

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-06-2005, 22:45
Richy will only be allowed to compete if his cars slower than mine. Hes slowly copying the full spec of my car, just all his parts will be brand new. :roll:

richy
20-06-2005, 22:49
hehe well cant blame me! may aswell use a tryed and tested way!
:D

think u have more power as mine is back on std cams now!

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-06-2005, 22:50
Standard, how come?

richy
20-06-2005, 22:52
at the time i sold them i really needed the cash and was about to sell the clio, but month after had a major pay rise now buying all this for clio! lol

maybe ill get some more one day, but for now more intrested in other aspects

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-06-2005, 22:56
Yep, £500 spent on the brakes and suspension will make a much bigger difference than £500 spent on the engine. Especially on track.

If only I knew back when I first started doing trackdays, what I know now I could have saved an abolute fortune in parts. Especially brakes.

richy
20-06-2005, 23:01
yup, also having these brakes has given me alot more confidence in the cars ability ! more then the cams ever could :)

2 live
21-06-2005, 09:00
never done hillclimbing, been to watch a few times and thought about doing it, me mate does it on his bike too..kx700 i think it is, he sposed be pretty good, class wins in 1st season etc.

me mates grandad does the timing on a lot of the uk climbs, u mite have seen him in his ex rac samson truck, nice guy eric.

would def be up for this. we have a climb about 10 mins from my house, unfortunately they dont use it any more as theyv moved the venue i believe, but scammonden was sposed to be a good technical track, been up a few times and i agree lol.in my own time of course, were planning to incorperate it into the next peaks run we have, if gibber ever gets his fukkin car runnin :wink:

wont we all have to put the little black plate on the front for the timing gear too?

northy
21-06-2005, 09:14
Im in.

There is a hill climb track around j22 / 21 of the M62....fancy a go 2live ?

northy
21-06-2005, 09:15
Im in.

There is a hill climb track around j22 / 21 of the M62....fancy a go 2live ?

2 live
21-06-2005, 09:29
thats the new venue mate. starts in a l'il car park near a farm.up hill, tight left hander, left right chicane, right hander, up hill, tight left, sweeping right, blind crest into tight right, up hill sweeping flat out right to finish.

gates are usually locked tho lol...bin there tried it.

unless its somewhere diff?

Bully
21-06-2005, 18:01
I notice that Stromba has still not replied, has he been banned or something as he usually doesnt keep quiet for this long.

Bully
21-06-2005, 18:09
for those of you who dont know what the hell im going on about...

http://www.flemingswebsite.com/BouleyBay.wmv

Sorry about the music in advance, not my choice!!
The time is quick, although the outright record is around 38 seconds by Andy Priaux, who now is big in touring cars etc.
Wonder how fast a Williams would go, i watched a R5 turbo go up in 52 seconds last time.
FYI this is Bouley Bay in Jersey, considered one of the best hills in the UK calender...i said one of the best, we have a round of the national championships in July and the Ferrari challenge run here too.
Not sure about the black metal timing thingy but it would be east to fit if needed. So how about it? a bit of interest i see, find a venue which will suit everyone and have a laugh, and prove who is the fastest.

Lunner
21-06-2005, 20:44
I'm up for it providing it isn't too much of a treck, and dependent on if i can get time off work, and costs etc