PDA

View Full Version : FUEL PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!

FATBOY
13-06-2008, 22:22
can anyone see an end to these soaring prices???? in past years ive known them to obviously rise and fall. and when i first started driving i remember prices at 56.9p for 4 star petrol. but at the moment prices seem to rise locally around my area by 3p during the week... and not drop at all! it just seems to keep rising and rising!!! are all the petrol stations around the UK franchises??? as how can the same company,say SHELL charge 128.9p for diesel yet 15 miles away charge 126.9p ??????

also whats the cheapest diesel and standard unleaded in your areas? ours are 128.9p for diesel and 115.9p for normal unleaded

Joel
13-06-2008, 23:33
I think it will keep going up Pal, as i was filling up it was changing to 114.9 is the average for unleaded,

Diesel is 126.9

Robbing Bastards, its a total piss take Now.... going up a penny each day

Lunner
14-06-2008, 09:27
I filled up with diesel in the week at my local shell garage and paid 133.9p....end of the day goverment keeps promising more spending on NHS etc and more money for armed forces, it has to come from somewhere, and at the end of the day i'd still buy it if it were £2/ltr simply becasue i'd loose alot more money in lost work if i didn't

wavy
14-06-2008, 09:59
i have asked why the different prices in shell garages the bloke said its a franchise so chargewhat the want

Joel
14-06-2008, 12:47
Knocked off Diesel FTW

£35 Knocked off, for £75 worth at Garage.. :wink:

Lunner
14-06-2008, 14:44
Free cherry from site, if you wanna run the risk of your car being taken, not for me any longer, they'll be hot on it at the moment

white16valver
16-06-2008, 08:15
Free cherry from site, if you wanna run the risk of your car being taken, not for me any longer, they'll be hot on it at the moment
£100 shitter FTW ;) lol

stan
16-06-2008, 08:46
i paid (cos i was stupid and got caught short) 137.9p/litre on diesel the other day...exploitation..no other word for it.

white16valver
16-06-2008, 11:29
:shock:

Joel
16-06-2008, 20:51
Company car FTW !!

A bloke i no, filling his car up and doing a drum as well :wink:

very very cheap Fuel.

white16valver
17-06-2008, 07:43
That's a bit naughty LoL :lol:

Purple
17-06-2008, 14:08
Cut & pasted these fuel pump tips from another forum. Not sure if it works, but at least worth a try.

----------------------------
1. Fill up your car or truck in the morning when the temperature is still cool. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground; and the colder the ground, the denser the gasoline. When it gets warmer gasoline expands, so if you're filling up in the afternoon or in the evening, what should be a gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and temperature of the fuel (gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products) are significant. Every truckload that we load is temperature -compensated so that the indicated gallonage is actually the amount pumped. A one-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for businesses, but service stations don't have temperature compensation at their pumps.

2. If a tanker truck is filling the station's tank at the time you want to buy gas, do not fill up; most likely dirt and sludge in the tank is being stirred up when gas is being delivered, and you might be transferring that dirt from the bottom of their tank into your car's tank.

3. Fill up when your gas tank is half-full (or half-empty), because the more gas you have in your tank the less air there is and ! gasoline evaporates rapidly, especially when it's warm. (Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating 'roof' membrane to act as a barrier between the gas and the atmosphere, thereby minimizing evaporation.)

4. If you look at the trigger you'll see that it has three delivery settings: slow, medium and high. When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to the high setting. You should be pumping at the slow setting, thereby minimizing vapors created while you are pumping. Hoses at the pump are corrugated; the corrugations act as a return path for vapor recovery from gas that already has been metered. If you are pumping at the high setting, the agitated gasoline contains more vapor, which is being sucked back into the underground tank, so you're getting less gas for your money.

dimmajon
17-06-2008, 16:51
fuel prices are goin up like the cost of living it is not only petrol its food! interest rates are soaring i would expect a fall next year like it has been predicted back to 2% then u will prob see prices stabalise maybe even fall? people do go on about it but again people become complecent and buy and buy with spare money instead of saving. then this happens and it becomes uncomfortable. im guilty of this myself i have a celica gt4 sat in my garage cos i refuse to put petrol in it. 99ron only which to fill it up is knocking on 100quid. the car is going anyways. come back to the dark side cheap efficent french cars are the future lol!

i hope for some people the prices drop cos its getting out of hand

stan
17-06-2008, 17:44
everything is going up, because everything requires distribution...which requires fuel.
the fuel prices wont come down until the government can accomodate all it spending....its a major source of revenue. as with the ammount of immigrants from Poland working for alot less, income tax revenue is also dropping. ontop of this theres the "credit crunch", so house sales have dropped....again less income for britain.

It will take more than a year to put this one right....alot more.

we need to stop immigration, ditch the EU, and start looking after Britain...NOT families of europeans still living in their native lands...its a disgrace.

dimmajon
17-06-2008, 18:38
everything is going up, because everything requires distribution...which requires fuel.
the fuel prices wont come down until the government can accomodate all it spending....its a major source of revenue. as with the ammount of immigrants from Poland working for alot less, income tax revenue is also dropping. ontop of this theres the "credit crunch", so house sales have dropped....again less income for britain.

we need to stop immigration, ditch the EU, and start looking after Britain...NOT families of europeans still living in their native lands...its a disgrace.

agreed on the alst para stan

Joel
17-06-2008, 19:40
I was Working in Sheffield Centre Today

Got off at Meadowhall, JCT 35 M1.Theres a jet garage Near the M1, 118.9 for Petrol, 131.9 Diesel.

Anyhow came through road way got to Grenoside, 115.9 for Petrol, 129.9

Then got back to Our Yard, filled the Van up at the Jet Garage top of the road.

113.9 Petrol, 128.9 Diesel.

Hows this work? :?

Bailey_1260
17-06-2008, 20:38

+2

And Purple, those things have been bandied about for ages, they are all pretty much bollocks. lol

stan
17-06-2008, 21:18
I was Working in Sheffield Centre Today

Got off at Meadowhall, JCT 35 M1.Theres a jet garage Near the M1, 118.9 for Petrol, 131.9 Diesel.

Anyhow came through road way got to Grenoside, 115.9 for Petrol, 129.9

Then got back to Our Yard, filled the Van up at the Jet Garage top of the road.

113.9 Petrol, 128.9 Diesel.

Hows this work? :?

Exploitation...They are exploiting the fact oil prices have rocketed, they are exploiting the fact the public cant keep up with price changes ona day to day basis...many people will just expect it to be the norm.