PDA

View Full Version : Brake Problems Now

Lunner
13-06-2008, 14:10
Never ****ing ends does it, just about fed up now.

Got MOT at 16:00, bled brakes through, pedal soft as ****, straight to floor, this was bleeding with an easy bleed kit.

Round 2 - using easy bleed kit and pumping pedal as well. Still no better.

Round 3 - Enlisted the help of my old dear to do the traditional 2 man method, bit of air came out the rears, but not alot, she reconed that the pedal was much firmer, with engine running there is a tiny bit of resistence there, but still ****ing naff.

Replaced master cylinder, got an in car bias valve and all new lines throughout, so far bled 1.5ltrs of fluid through. I'm stumped as to what the problem is

geesus
13-06-2008, 14:17
i know these seem obvious but....

are you bleeding with the in car bias valve set to its highest setting (ie full bias to the rears)

have you checked for leaks? my master cylinder connection was leaking and then sucking air in, needed sealing properly

stan
13-06-2008, 14:19
is the tyre for the easy bleed fully inflated?? I find if they are low, even by a lil bit, they dont work right.

Lunner
13-06-2008, 14:23
i know these seem obvious but....

are you bleeding with the in car bias valve set to its highest setting (ie full bias to the rears)

have you checked for leaks? my master cylinder connection was leaking and then sucking air in, needed sealing properly

yes and yes there are no leaks apart from one joint to my bias valve weaping slightly, but **** knows why its doing that can't get it to seal even with ptfe tape

Stan - will try with tyre set to about 35psi

Lunner
13-06-2008, 19:36
Bled fully using 2 man method with my mate helping, got a little more air out, but still spongy as ****, got to the point where it will stop you just slowly. even put a spare bleed nipple on the spare outlet from the master cylinder and tried that incase there was an air pocket there, but still no joy

wavy
13-06-2008, 20:05
is it new fluid ?
worth putting all new in if not

Rich
13-06-2008, 20:26
my fecking unions are siezed solid. cant put me 6 pots on yet :evil:

Lunner
13-06-2008, 20:33
is it new fluid ?
worth putting all new in if not

Brand spanking new Castrol dot 4 super response, not cheap stuff, the system was 100% empty

Lunner
13-06-2008, 20:34
my fecking unions are siezed solid. cant put me 6 pots on yet :evil:

Gte some flexi line and make new flexi lines straight from the master cylinder to the calipers

MicKPM
13-06-2008, 21:34
Do you have ABS by any chance Lunner?

By the way, I was browsing thru some old photies and saw this and for some reason thought of you ;)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/MicKPM/th_IGP1541.jpg (http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/MicKPM/_IGP1541.jpg)

Hang in there fella cos this is why we do it time after time after time ;)

Lunner
14-06-2008, 09:21
Nope, managed to get hold of one without it, got one more idea i'm gonna try this morning, then if that faisl i'm gonna block the rear ciruit off at the master cylinder so i can atleast isolate the problem to the front or rear circuit......btw i've chamged my circuits around, so fronts are on one and rears on another

katbloke
14-06-2008, 10:57
Silly question but after replacing everything on mine ie master cylinder, rear calipers, goodridge hoses and bled several times using 1 man, 2 man methods and fast and slow engine on /off all to no avail crap pedal everytime it actually turned out to be a seized front caliper slider, just a thought.

Lunner
14-06-2008, 14:36
All caliers front annd rear have been fully rebuilt with new seals, all sliders greased up etc, literally everything is new.

I've completely run out of ideas now, basically what its doing now is its spongy about 2/3 of the way down the pedal and then goes rock hard as though you've hit the stop, but you haven't as it goes much further down when you bleed them, could it simply be the fact that i've got 4 pots is creating this spongy area as teh pressure is taken up over the 8 pistons at the front?

katbloke
14-06-2008, 14:50
wasnt there an issue with some people saying the diameter of the brake lines was too small? bias valve all ok?

Lunner
14-06-2008, 14:54
Never heard that one