PDA

View Full Version : Power cuts

Jimbo5000
11-06-2008, 11:22
Hey guys.

I’m having some issues with the power cutting out on my willy 3. It happens when I try to start her up. As soon as the starter motor starts to turn over the power to the whole car cuts out and the alarm kinda goes off (just whines rather than the full 120db siren).

Sometimes the power then comes back on itself after bout 20-30 seconds or so, or usually disconnecting the negative battery terminal and reconnecting solves it.

Cars all standard.

Only happens now and again. Anyone got any idea, poss a dodgy relay somewhere?

Cheers

James

MicKPM
11-06-2008, 12:10
Sounds to me like you've got a bad earth somewhere chap.

Wobba
11-06-2008, 12:22
That's the answer I was about to give, and it's the least complex to sort out as well! Try that first, scrub down earths and make sure your positive terminal on yer battery is good.

Jimbo5000
11-06-2008, 18:39
Cheers lads, seems like a good place to start.

Was talking to a mate this afternoon who said the same thing too 8)

LEIGH-ANNE
11-06-2008, 20:24
hmmm, mine doing the same thing except its just stopped working altogether now, r u having any other problems with the alarm at all? And wen it cuts out do ur electrics work fine still?

Leighanne

Jimbo5000
11-06-2008, 20:50
hmmm, mine doing the same thing except its just stopped working altogether now, r u having any other problems with the alarm at all? And wen it cuts out do ur electrics work fine still?

Leighanne

No when it cuts out its complete power failure, nothing works at all. I must admit a thought I did have was that the alarm/immob was playing up.
The only other issue I have with the alarm is that it keeps going off for no apparent reason, prob not related though.

James

summeh
12-06-2008, 01:43
Make sure the negative battery terminal is TIGHT (and pos). Failing that then it's a earthing issue.