PDA

View Full Version : FAO Everyone who owns a Williams

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 14:40
Just thought id remind everyone what a corner looks like.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/King_Stromba/corner.jpg

Warning: Corners can be dangerous. All entrants to such a piece of tarmac should expect to experience gravitational forces to the body that may induce pleasure. Taking a corner with Williams track may result in high levels of grip and turn in. Do not attempt to enter a corner without first consulting your level of talent.

J o n
20-06-2005, 14:46
talking about corners is good and well, but you also have to go fast round em to say your using the car as intended... and you cant be going that fast if you can't drive past 5.5k ;) :lol:

2 live
20-06-2005, 14:56
lol.........rob if u knew wot the roads are like on the way into york........and the extreme amounts of fun that can be had on em...ud also know that a trip yo york is not only racing in a straight line..but u wont come will u? u wont drive fast even if u did would u?? so ur point is???????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

Martin
20-06-2005, 15:01
Good point! Can't wait to get my suspension sorted for the visit....those roads are mental....I don't think many cars can touch a fast williams down there....

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 15:02
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/King_Stromba/corner2.jpg

Notice the change of direction that the cars have to make while traversing a 'corner'. This is made through adjustment of a device called the 'steering wheel'.

Andyvalver
20-06-2005, 15:02
Good point! Can't wait to get my suspension sorted for the visit....those roads are mental....I don't think many cars can touch a FAST WILLIAMS down there....

Whats speed got to do with it? Hey stromba?

Slithers
20-06-2005, 15:05
Just thought id remind everyone what a corner looks like.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/King_Stromba/corner.jpg

Warning: Corners can be dangerous. All entrants to such a piece of tarmac should expect to experience gravitational forces to the body that may induce pleasure. Taking a corner with Williams track may result in high levels of grip and turn in. Do not attempt to enter a corner without first consulting your level of talent.

Thats not a corner mate.

This is a corner:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/Le_smithier/rally16.jpg

Andyvalver
20-06-2005, 15:07
And then you would get OWNED by clean16v here
http://gc.stud.tue.nl/oz/photos/wa/1624_Denham_to_Overlander_Long_Straight_Road.jpg :D

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 15:07
oooo too muddy for a fast time today, so i only got a 14.7. And a fly got in the way, and errr, i couldnt see the lights because of the sun. Next time ill get a 13.5 though. Next time.

J o n
20-06-2005, 15:09
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/King_Stromba/corner2.jpg

Notice the change of direction that the cars have to make while traversing a 'corner'. This is made through adjustment of a device called the 'steering wheel'. I wish I had time to drive to experience this tho... sadly the only driving I do is the old mouse and keyboard... I talk a good game tho eh?

yeah, i'd say that's an accurate depiction :lol:

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 15:11
Even that BMW looks minging in white

Andyvalver
20-06-2005, 15:12
Bad example really. That big bmw and the r6 dont corner very well in comparison with a williams. They both win on outright speed :D

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 15:14
And then you would get OWNED by clean16v here
http://gc.stud.tue.nl/oz/photos/wa/1624_Denham_to_Overlander_Long_Straight_Road.jpg :D

yeah i reakon youre right. By the time we got to the horizon i wouldnt be able to see the white car. Still got to be thankful for small mercies i guess?

Winston
20-06-2005, 15:18
:roll:

Andyvalver
20-06-2005, 15:19
I think your just jelous :roll:

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 15:28
Ive always wanted to own a police car.

Andyvalver
20-06-2005, 15:31
There's nowt wrong with a white valver mate. They are quite rare and when clean look the nuts. hope you know police cars are fast in straight lines :roll:

clean16v
20-06-2005, 15:45
Whats all this talk of straight line speed? williams track and coilovers are about as good as it gets for going round corners last time i checked, and i am now on my 7th Clio so know a thing or two about them.
FAO Stromba-
You are a Marketers dream. Marketers add value to a product by positioning it within a certain market segment in the hope that certain individuals will aspire to the personality traits built in to a car. In this example, Renault built the best hot hatch on the market, its heroic charactheristics as a pocket rocket that can punch well above its weight appealed to a lot of people. A percentage bought the car for its handling, power delivery, balanced chassis and infinite front end grip. Others, now this is where marketers make their money, bought it with no intention of making the most of its capabilities, but just in the hope that maybe by owning a Clio Williams, others would see them as a heroic icon, just like their cars. It's the age old aspirational method of marketing. So in other words Stromba, people like myself, exploit people like you.
Now i know this is a little complex for you but i hope you understand it so you too can laugh at yourself just like everyone else is.

clean16v
20-06-2005, 16:13
Obviously a little too complex for you stromby poo? I'll bring it down to your level. you suck.

Andyvalver
20-06-2005, 16:18
Stromba lifts up white valver in anger.
http://superman.ws/gallery2/Laurent%20Collin-Szletger%20superman-car2.jpg

You got OWNED :D

(Sorry people for stiring shit. Thats it for me now)

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 16:19
Whats all this talk of straight line speed? williams track and coilovers are about as good as it gets for going round corners last time i checked, and i am now on my 7th Clio so know a thing or two about them.
FAO Stromba-
You are a Marketers dream. Marketers add value to a product by positioning it within a certain market segment in the hope that certain individuals will aspire to the personality traits built in to a car. In this example, Renault built the best hot hatch on the market, its heroic charactheristics as a pocket rocket that can punch well above its weight appealed to a lot of people. A percentage bought the car for its handling, power delivery, balanced chassis and infinite front end grip. Others, now this is where marketers make their money, bought it with no intention of making the most of its capabilities, but just in the hope that maybe by owning a Clio Williams, others would see them as a heroic icon, just like their cars. It's the age old aspirational method of marketing. So in other words Stromba, people like myself, exploit people like you.
Now i know this is a little complex for you but i hope you understand it so you too can laugh at yourself just like everyone else is.

A good theory, but as i bought the car from a young guy in Portsmouth and not Renault, it doesnt quite hold true. And i dont think he had a marketing department design his advert in the Renaultsportsclub classified section.

clean16v
20-06-2005, 16:24
BMW own only 3 dealers across the UK, all others are franchised independant dealers. Now just because the public are not buying directly from BMW doesn't mean that they are not buying the BMW as a brand does it? The image built around the Williams in the initial launch, and the PR that has gone into in since was enough to make Stroma think " I want people to think i'm a capable hero, but i'm not, if i buy a Clio Williams then maybe people will think i too am cool, well balanced, and heroic"

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 16:30
Trouble is i make the car ugly on account of the fact that i am so good looking. Whatever car i drive, i always look better.

Hey heres an idea, if i stood next to the white valver maybe people would think its a nice colour?

Shit maybe people will even think the coolant looks good as a brown sludge?

:D

clean16v
20-06-2005, 16:36
and the relevance of that post to what we were talking about? Or is this another attempt to direct attention away from the fact that you were OWNED by me once again. I make that 4 times in the space of about 2 hours. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clean16v
20-06-2005, 16:39
And whats wrong with White anyway stromby poo? When i was looking for the base car for this project i wanted a white car, colour preference is a matter of taste, some people have it, some don't. White car, white wheels, looks rally-esque if you ask me. I've owned, blue ones, white ones, red one, black ones, silver ones, and today i have owned 4 Stromba ones.

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 16:53
Didnt someone do a survey and find that 90% of white car drivers had homosexual tendancies?

Of course they all denied it.

clean16v
20-06-2005, 17:26
clutching at straws now stromby poo. YET AGAIN, the relevance of that post was what? Can't we keep it on track? I know its humiliating being ridiculed by most pwople on here and owned more times then you've had protein shakes today but its entertaining for the rest of us!
So come on, WHY DID YOU BUY A WILLIAMS?
One simple question, no doubt an extremely simple answer coming from your 'intelligent' self lol

Lunner
20-06-2005, 17:28
White cars look the mutt's nuts, either white or black....and yes i do realsie i drive a blue car...before anyone points it out

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 17:30
I bought a Williams because i couldnt afford to take a shite heap white valver and spend thousands putting throttle bodies onto it, for it to only run a 13,9 at york in good condions. :P

Lunner
20-06-2005, 17:34
I bought a Williams because i could afford to take a perfectly good car and spend thousands putting new bits onto it, for it to be driven like a granny's car. :P

clean16v
20-06-2005, 17:35
shit. that was a simple answer. Thats right anyway, you couldn't afford to. Instead you paid well over the odds for just another Williams that has been re-sprayed, clocked and abused by many journo's just because it had a little plaque inside with the numbers 0002 on them..............

Andyvalver
20-06-2005, 17:42
Is this your willy stromba :? It has been resprayed yeah?

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/photos2/spud3.JPG

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 17:43
Nice stickers.

J o n
20-06-2005, 18:30
as regards the white car and being ghey i recall you had a white CRX/Civic thingy? :lol:

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 19:44
What CRX/civic thingy?