PDA

View Full Version : mot soon, abs light on

bendee
09-06-2008, 17:15
ok so my abs light is on as i dont have a abs sensor on the front left (dads fault) anyway im taking it wont pass without one and with no money to spare right now how can i get it through the mot?
taking the bulb out?

Lunner
09-06-2008, 17:55
Disconnect abs unit from battery

MatBrown
09-06-2008, 18:55
It all depends on the tester.
If a car has ABS fitted the light should follow the correct sequence for it to pass.

Mat.

FlamingMonkey
09-06-2008, 19:51
Mine failed with the ABS light on.

All cool now though and the light is still on ;)

number1
09-06-2008, 23:00
Just have to hope he doesnt see the abs unit take out the bulb

Just take the abs off and bin it :wink:

bendee
09-06-2008, 23:09
Just have to hope he doesnt see the abs unit take out the bulb

Just take the abs off and bin it :wink:

id love to but isnt it a big job and isnt it a case of if it had it it needs to be compleatly removed or it would be considerd broke or non passable

Jamie.
10-06-2008, 12:30
Like Mat said it may make no difference.

The light should come on with ignition then go off. If you just whip the bulb or fuse out the tester will still be aware of the correct sequence and fail you.

Not sure how many testers actually check that though.

bendee
10-06-2008, 17:10
Mine failed with the ABS light on.

All cool now though and the light is still on ;)

what do you mean by that how did it pass with abs light on?

FlamingMonkey
10-06-2008, 18:20
Im guessing my garage had a word with the tester, no idea to be honest, think he blagged him, no help to you though im afraid

BRUN
10-06-2008, 18:50
would removing the fuse not sort it ?

but as above, if they know the car has ABS and the light doesnt come on with ignition and go off, it will fail, if they check for it that is !

bendee
10-06-2008, 19:11
well only lights that do come on are petrol light water temp light and abs light when cars started, is that normal? wheres the fuse for it had a look but didnt see one i was probably looking for the wrong little pic tho lol.
tried taking it off on the battery and the light was on all the time.
on another note it only comes on after a certain speed it goes off after starting it then comes on when driven so could actually get away with it.

bendee
11-06-2008, 10:49
anyone tell me where the fuse is and if it would turn the dash light off? is it gonna be a bulb out jobby?

im trying to sort it now as my mot is tomorrow.