PDA

View Full Version : Lambda Symptoms - Weird

BRUN
08-06-2008, 17:56
ive thought this for ages, but could never confirm it, but you know the problem you get when the lambda warm up coil has failed, ive got it, yet again, but, i only ever seem to get it if ive got half a tank of fuel in or less

i never let it go below a quarter, and ive replaced the lambda twice on the car since ive owned it, which i think is just over 3 years now

im tempted to buy another lambda as all the symptoms point to it from my past experience, but on a full tank i dont seem to get the 1-2min hesitation

anyone else had this ?

Rich
08-06-2008, 20:13
have you ever looked at the fuel pump of fuel filter? you are the only person i know who needs new lambdas so often

BRUN
09-06-2008, 16:49
fuel filter has been changed mate, fuel pump not sure of

drsmith1979
09-06-2008, 16:51
Brun, try one of the free 'emissions' checks they offer at chain garages, it will tell you the lambda's working frequency so it will let you know if its an issue. Sounds more like a fuel filter issue or fule pressure issue. check your filters and fuel pressure

BRUN
10-06-2008, 17:48
fuel filter has been replaced mate for genuine Renault item, as has fuel pressure regulator

id imagine my emissions will be high ish as the car is chipped

Robb
10-06-2008, 22:23
Mines similar..... Just recently got a new lambda but the same sypmtons are back within a few weeks! Running a standard williams 2 ECU. Not sure on the fuel thing though as i cant aford half a tank + at a time :lol: