PDA

View Full Version : cant select reverse

m4rkj
07-06-2008, 18:40
since i have put a new engine and box in i cant select reverse but can select every other gear ive tried reajusting the gear selctor but still no joy when you put the clutch in put it into gear and let the clutch out it you can hear some sort of bearing spinning is it possible to put the bearing in the wrong way round??

MAXIBOY
07-06-2008, 18:43
i don't think so...

try selecting first then reverse...

m4rkj
07-06-2008, 18:53
ive tried this countless times it just wont go in when you select reverse it just goes into first gear :(

Lunner
07-06-2008, 19:22
Make sure the lift of mechanism is lifting up enough, other than than check the box oil level, reverse is at the top iirc, so if first to suffer from lack of oil.

Will it go into reverse with the engine off?

If not then try disconnecting the gear linkage and trying to select reverse manually from under the box

m4rkj
08-06-2008, 01:43
there should be enough oil in as when i put the engine and box in i put the the recommened amount in which they said 3 litres.i can select reverse well where it should be(lift the gear stick up,left and up past first)but the car goes forward instead of back

cliopete
08-06-2008, 21:15
Have you put the dogbone bolts the right way round? If not they can foul the linkage and stop selection of reverse. Happened when I swopped gearboxes :twisted:

hybridhughes
09-06-2008, 08:21
i had pretty much the same problem when i refit my engine and it turned out to be the selector clamp was on st the wrong angle and was fouling the bottom of the gearbox when i tried selecting reverse. i just loosened the clamp and spun it round 1/4 of a turn and was mint after that.

Lunner
13-06-2008, 14:17
Did you ever solve this, just started the hybrid up after doing loads of work on it and having the same problem?