PDA

View Full Version : 4 point and 6 point harnesses

cliorod
05-06-2008, 20:01
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h305/Cliorod/0022-1.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h305/Cliorod/0012-1.jpg

Getting shut of some ex ~ competition stuff.
On offer to the very nice guys (gals) on WC :lol: :wink: :lol:

A pair of TRS 2" 4 point HARNESSES £60 PLUS POSTAGE
:wink:
and
A pair of TOTAL 3" 6 point HARNESSES ( the crutch straps are 2") £70 PLUS POSTAGE

A bit grubby after being in a rally car(s) :twisted: :twisted: ,but are now MSA date expired.Although not shown,The eyebolts and fitting bits 'n' pieces,will come with them ready to fit :lol: .Any help advise fitting ~~ I am at the end of a pm or phone.
Ideal for the serious track day driver
:roll: :twisted: or poser :lol: :oops: :lol: 8)

Now the bad news ~~ these ARE NOT eligible to be used on MSA approved events.

The 6 point ones need the crutch strap ideally to fit through the seat,most competition seats have these slots in them.

Open to offers on them

Any questions,offers please feel free to pm or get in touch.I am not 100% sure of there worth,but someone will let me know if "I am having there shirt" :oops: :oops: ~~ I just need to get rid :wink:

I will be putting them on ebay next week

speed
05-06-2008, 21:00
how much do you think post will be?

cliorod
05-06-2008, 21:26
Speed,
I am going to work now 9:30pm :cry: :cry: .But I will weigh them and get a quote and put it on here 2moz.I know my mate has a courier,that will send 'em for £10 a pair or for the lot if you buy buy both sets :P :P

stevie_b
05-06-2008, 22:01

I'm pretty sure you can use these on sprint and hillclimb events that are MSA approved events but where the class you are running in does not mandate the fitting of 4-/6-point belts. I.e. if you could normally run with a standard 3-point seatbelt then they see a 4-point or 6-point belt is an improvement, even if it is past the date (as long as the condition is good with no fraying, etc. which is the case in these ones Rod is selling).

speed
05-06-2008, 22:12
im intrested in a set then depending on post, the pair is for 2 seats worth

Lunner
07-06-2008, 15:23

I'm pretty sure you can use these on sprint and hillclimb events that are MSA approved events but where the class you are running in does not mandate the fitting of 4-/6-point belts. I.e. if you could normally run with a standard 3-point seatbelt then they see a 4-point or 6-point belt is an improvement, even if it is past the date (as long as the condition is good with no fraying, etc. which is the case in these ones Rod is selling).

The MSA date expired, as stated in the post ;)

speed
07-06-2008, 19:35
bump for postage price

stevie_b
07-06-2008, 20:17
The MSA date expired, as stated in the post ;)

Yes, I know. I just think you might still be able to use them in MSA-regulated sprint and hillclimb events if you are running in the roadgoing classes - this is the most your average Clio owner is going to be using them for (there's the odd racer and rallyer on here, I know, but they will already know all about the regs) and so it might be of some interest to them.

cliorod
08-06-2008, 21:37
Sorry guys I've been away for a few days :wink: :wink:
The MSA blue book states under paragraph C(c) 49 "Where safety harnessess are MANDATORY it is reccomended that those described in para 45 are homolgated by the FIA and carry there label" as speedy says in the Production Class ~~ Harness belts ARE NOT mandatory .!!!
I will check with the Technical people at the MSA and post back.
For road rallies,I feel sure they will be ok

For Rallying Harness belts are mandatory etc etc.

Postage on a pair

Recorded (signed for ) £11:74

1st Class £ 11:07

Std Parcels £ 9:30

My mates courier £10

That is a rough weight at 5kgs on my bathroom scales,The first three quotes have insurance cover of upto £36 only !!! :oops:

speed
08-06-2008, 21:40
is a pair 2 seats worth or do you class a pair as 2 sholder straps= 1 harnes

cliorod
09-06-2008, 02:08
Speed ~~ A pair is TWO seat belts ~~ ie one for each seat :wink: :roll: :wink:
Rod

speed
09-06-2008, 06:36
will you do the trs's for £61.07 del 1st class?

cliorod
09-06-2008, 09:21
You have a pm speed :wink: :wink:

cliorod
09-06-2008, 11:25
I have just been talking with the Technical/Safety people at the MSA :wink: :lol: :wink:
The answer regarding the validitly of these Harnesses and Motorsport is this :~

The only two disciplines of Motor sport they are NOT VALID for is STAGE rallying and Circuit Racing.

Anything else they are ok.Howver it depends on the class at Sprint/Hillclimbs.For production based classes it is ADVISORY to use a minimum of a 3 point.Whereas for single seaters and Formula Libre.They have to be a six point Harness ~~ albeit they DO NOT have to FIA approved or dated.

I hope this helps.
Rod.

cliorod
09-06-2008, 18:49
The 4 point TRS belts have now been sold :wink: :wink:
Many thanks to speedy
:lol: :lol:

cliorod
12-06-2008, 06:56
Anyone interested in the "TOTAL" six point harnesses :cry: :roll: :cry: I am open to offers :wink: :wink:

Last chance before they go on Ebay ,at teatime 'ish today

Oszy
12-06-2008, 07:11
I am still interested in the 50% of a pair :)

cliorod
12-06-2008, 09:25
By that Oszy,I assume you mean one seat belt :wink: :roll: :wink: .No problem,make an offer ~~ plus postage :wink: :wink:
Rod.

Oszy
13-06-2008, 07:41
Hi Rod!

Would offer 35quid for a single one :)

Regards,
Oszy

Lunner
13-06-2008, 09:11
£45 posted for 6 point one?

speed
13-06-2008, 17:11
recived mine today. thankyou

cliorod
18-06-2008, 21:57
Lunner & Oszy :~ I have pm you both with the totals etc for the seat belts :wink: :wink:
Apologies over the delay, :roll: :roll: ,but I have been scrounging/searching for new buckles etc :wink: :wink: All that can be replaced ~~ have been and I have included all brand new eyebolts :wink:
Rod.