PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Re-shelling hault, wont fire up properly.

seanofnp
01-06-2008, 19:14
Right, we put my 2.0 Williams 2 engine in my ph1 valver.

Matty and rob sorted the looms so its supposed to work, we used everything ignition wise off my old car (which was ph2) including the coil pack. Now the car only fires for a milisecond then cuts out. Its getting fuel but cylinder 4 isn't sparking, I havent checked the others coz im at my wits end after bass helped me set the engine bay alight for a few seconds (lol dont ask).

Im asuming at least one cylinder is sparking as it fires for a second then gives up. So if some aint firing, whats my course of action bar cleaning the leads/plugs changing the coilpack.

Bearing in mind the engine 100% worked on the button in my N Reg.

Please help, this is only thing stopping me making fcs at the moment! :(

Matty86
01-06-2008, 19:21
just to add, we kept the loom with the car, so wiring shouldnt be an issue

fuel pump is priming too

katbloke
01-06-2008, 19:41
clean dizzy cap contacts too

MatBrown
01-06-2008, 19:43
Swap the coil over from your old car.

Mat.

MicKPM
01-06-2008, 19:44
aftermarket or OE alarm/Imob fitted? What ECU are you running?

seanofnp
01-06-2008, 19:48
Its running a williams 2 ecu with gunnerchip...

The dizzy etc is all practically new, il clean anyway but will do that!

Only aftermarket alarm we disconnected, all it did was Auto Locked the doors once the ignition was on, doesn't do it anymore.

seanofnp
01-06-2008, 19:51

Mat.

The coil pack im using was off my N reg, it worked fine, although il try the one that was originally on the ph1 too.

MatBrown
01-06-2008, 20:13

Mat.

The coil pack im using was off my N reg, it worked fine, although il try the one that was originally on the ph1 too.

Ok, just i have experienced a car that wouldn't start due to a dodgy coil.

Mat.

Rich
01-06-2008, 20:29
not mashed one of the HT leads have you mate? could be possible during the swap.

Matty86
01-06-2008, 21:11
would atleast run on 3 though

Rich
02-06-2008, 09:44
check the brown and white commections on the car as some of the pins may not line up. (its possible)

AndyFielder
02-06-2008, 09:47
sure it isnt an immobaliser issue?

Do the doors unlock with the fob?

Have you tryed a phase 1 ECU?

Rich
02-06-2008, 09:53
williams ecu's didnt have immoilisers.

another point for you (even though you say its removed) are you 100% sure there isnt an aftermarket immobiliser on there?

bass_direct
02-06-2008, 19:25
i'm 99% sure there's no immobiliser, i used to own the car, it started with car locked and unlocked.. i believe it was just clifford anti hi jack, which locks the doors when you turn ignition on and vice versa..

we also tried a phase 1 ecu (16v) and that didn't work either!

Evogone
02-06-2008, 20:50
Earth connections......

Wobba
02-06-2008, 23:27
Earth connections......

I was gonna say check earths too. I know you were operating in the rain...has anything delicate gotten wet? Nothing daft is it, like engine flooded?

Not damaged the MAP sensor in anyway have you? Mine wouldn't fire at all with mine disconnected though...

seanofnp
05-06-2008, 20:10
Cleaned plugs (1/2 very oily) and the leads and now have spark after changing coil pack too.

Now it still won't start, because i have a plastic fuel rail and the end connector has a pipe for 5th injector it wont reach to swap over, so gotta get under the car and change the fuel lines over again.

Unless anyone can 100% tell me which end of the plastic fuel rail is the "in" ? Is it the middle or the one closest to the cam cover? Its definately getting fuel, theres pressure and it squirts out when the fuel pump primes.

If i change them and it still doesnt fire, im asuming maybe loom damage while engine change to injectors?

teabag
05-06-2008, 20:16
Cleaned plugs (1/2 very oily) and the leads and now have spark after changing coil pack too.

Now it still won't start, because i have a plastic fuel rail and the end connector has a pipe for 5th injector it wont reach to swap over, so gotta get under the car and change the fuel lines over again.

Unless anyone can 100% tell me which end of the plastic fuel rail is the "in" ? Is it the middle or the one closest to the cam cover? Its definately getting fuel, theres pressure and it squirts out when the fuel pump primes.

If i change them and it still doesnt fire, im asuming maybe loom damage while engine change to injectors?

"in" is neaest to cam cover