PDA

View Full Version : another idle / stalling issue

Smudger
29-05-2008, 13:37
The Williams has been running sweet for a long time now untill this week.

Ive noticed that it has started to cut out every once in a while again (it was doing it about 6 months ago but stopped).

It doesnt matter if its cold or warm, it does it under both conditions and sometimes it does it if im reversing and steering while parking.

Additionally.... i started her up last night after work and it idle'd at 2.5-3k rpm. Blipped the throttle and it settled down to 1k but after a few seconds it shot up again and contined to do the same for about 2-3min. After this it idle'd fine. This morning i started her up and i was getting some funny sucking noise from the induction/throttle body area (smiliar to the noise the pipercross kits make when you turn the car off, but this was constant) again after a few min it stopped doing this and was fine.

I have also noticed that occationally after start up (cold and hot) it idle'd very lumpy then smooths out.

any ideas would be great peeps as she is doing my head in this week lol

white16valver
29-05-2008, 13:44
ISCV?

Smudger
29-05-2008, 14:04
could well be but i wouldnt have thought it could cause a lumpy idle??

if it still possible to get new iscv

drsmith1979
29-05-2008, 18:10
air leak?

Smudger
29-05-2008, 23:41
air leak?

now this is what i was thinking on my way home tonight. when the car over rev's there is a hissing noise (constant) coming from induction area. its either an air leak or its (now i could be wrong here) the choke coming on. now this would be strange as it does it both when its cold and warm.

its strange tho as it comes and goes. but when that noise does start the rev seems to rise (some times up to 3.5k) and when you try to accelerate the car judders/kanagroos :cry:

schakal
30-05-2008, 08:25
if it was an air leak it would be constant ,would not
cure when you blip the throttle etc .
tap on the iscv body with a screw driver or else to
see if its sticky or not .

Smudger
30-05-2008, 10:13
think i might have solved the problem this morning. :D

started the car and it was running like a bag of shite again so got out, left it running and checked the sensor plugs under the bonnet.

When i wriggled the plug on the cts it ran fine, then when i stopped it idle'd rubbish again. turned the car off and i took the plug off. put it back on properly and after a few secs trying to start she fired and ran fine.

On the short drive the train station all seemed ok but ill she what she does tonight when i get home. My mate is working on his skyline at his garage tonight so might just take the williams there and check everything over just to make sure.

fingers crossed :roll: