PDA

View Full Version : Oil Warning light!

MattyH16valver
29-05-2008, 12:47
Hi, having been working on my brakes for the last week or so the cars been outta action. When I took it out on the road yesterday for a spin the oil warning light was coming on! Weired as I topped it up a fewe weeks ago and it was over half full on the dipstick. I put another ltr in this moring and the light is still flickering. How much damage would it do to the enigne running the car as it is with the warning light on? :shock:

MattyH16valver
29-05-2008, 13:29
Just checked the dipstick at lunch....over half way up the dipstick...yet the oil warning lights still on the dash! :? Any idea??

Rich
29-05-2008, 13:29
is it knocking? have you made sure the wire isn't half broken on the sender (around the oil filter, it will be white or green in colour) if tis got enough oil in it mate i'd look elsewhere for a fault. now you have put a litre inits probably over filled

MattyH16valver
29-05-2008, 13:32
is it knocking? have you made sure the wire isn't half broken on the sender (around the oil filter, it will be white or green in colour) if tis got enough oil in it mate i'd look elsewhere for a fault. now you have put a litre inits probably over filled

mmm....can't hear any noticble knocking....just hope it has'nt been low for too long and i've done some damage. I have kinda heard a noise coming from the drivers side engine bay area for a few weeks and could'nt work out what it way. I'm sure if I put a ltr in now and its over half full on the dipstick it can't have been dangerously low. Will check the sender wire later....cheers mate. :)

Daz.
29-05-2008, 16:24
Ooooo new shell for me! :lol:

MattyH16valver
29-05-2008, 18:26
Ooooo new shell for me! :lol:
No chance....worse comes to worse it's re-build time :wink:

Daz.
29-05-2008, 19:02
Actually sorry - I don't do rusty shells :wink:

MattyH16valver
29-05-2008, 20:05
Actually sorry - I don't do rusty shells :wink:
Not a spot on it...un-like ur rusty heap of shit! :wink: :lol:

Daz.
29-05-2008, 20:28
I'd find some - ain't no car the T seen that ain't got the yellow.

MattyH16valver
29-05-2008, 21:14
I'd find some - ain't no car the T seen that ain't got the yellow.
Yeah...very true mate...I do actually have a little tbh.. :lol: