PDA

View Full Version : Question for the ECU gurus! Help please!

cliokongen
27-05-2008, 08:35
I need your help guys.
I'm having an ECU purpose built for me.

It is being built into an empty std. Renault ECU shell using the multi connector. The ECU will be able to use all the std. sensors and wiring.
It will be programmable, and can control several injectors, throttle bodies etc. (needs wiring loom)

What i need to know is:

Flywheel: Does the Clio use 58 teeth and 2 missing?

Crank index: How many teeth from the missing tooth till cylinder 1 and 4 is at TDC?

Michael

cliokongen
27-05-2008, 21:32
Up up and away..... :-)

Michael

stan
28-05-2008, 08:24
yes, its 58-2, reference delay is 90degree's...

if i were you, i'd make it accept 60-2, so you can use the megane flywheel...but it also means you could transfer it to another car with ease.

white16valver
28-05-2008, 08:38
My brain hurts :shock: lol

cliokongen
28-05-2008, 21:45

if i were you, i'd make it accept 60-2, so you can use the megane flywheel...but it also means you could transfer it to another car with ease.

Thanks stan

That would be ideal...
But - have a brand new flywheel (lightened, balanced) with new paddle clutch ready unfortunately...

Anyway i think it will be possible to reconfigure the ECU at a later stage if nessesary.

Michael

cliokongen
28-05-2008, 21:47

Thanks stan

That would be ideal...
But - have a brand new flywheel (lightened, balanced) with new paddle clutch ready unfortunately...

Anyway i think it will be possible to reconfigure the ECU at a later stage if nessesary.

Michael