PDA

View Full Version : lower engine mount upgrade?

gavrob1981
25-05-2008, 21:49
Hi all, i need to replace my lower engine mount. i am getting a lot of rocking from the engine and it keeps breaking my exhaust seal.

Is there such a thing as an upgraded mount for my valver? and if so where can you get them from? or even better does any one have one for sale? :)

Or should i just by a normal one from a dealership?

cheers Gav

stevie_b
25-05-2008, 22:41
Yes, there is such a thing as an upgraded mount. I think Coops was selling 'fixed' mounts that use metal links rather than bushes. You can also get Polyflex bushes to replace the rubber ones in the standard mount, which firms things up a lot too. If you go the latter route then perhaps post a picture up of the current mount you have as I found, to my cost, that my valver had a different shaped one to the Williams and so the Poly bushes didn't fit it (I had to buy another dogbone casting off the helpful chaps on here)

cliokiz
25-05-2008, 23:18
Definately replace your dogbone mount, either with a standard brand new replacement, or insert polyflex bushes into your old casting, or get a solid dogbone from Coops (perhaps not ideal if its a daily driver).

I'd also highly recommend getting a Renault 19 lower/front gearbox mount for your clio, these bolt to the front of your gearbox and then bolt to the subframe via a rubber mount. This really holds the engine/gearbox nice and still and will stop your engine rocking about.

These mounts didn't come as standard on Clio's, but really i think they should have!

I run one and wouldn't run a clio without it to be honest, it's not uncommon for the top gearbox mount to give way due to the strain.

gavrob1981
26-05-2008, 12:58
Cheers guys. i ahve had look around and can you point me in the right place to buy the polyflex mount? what do you mean by coops?and will any renault 19 front mount fit? or does it have to be off a specific engine type?

:?

Thanks again

Justin..
26-05-2008, 13:07
Any front renualt 19 OR Megane.

K-tec sell the poly bushes.

search the forum for Coops solid adjustable dogbone