PDA

View Full Version : 2009 calenders

Taylor
23-05-2008, 10:20
some of you will know that i did the WC official calenders last year for the club,
im doing a couple of other sites this year also so trying to get on things early to avoid the manic rush last year.

all i want to know is,

for those that had one,

what did you like
what didnt you like
what you you want different
was the size ok

and who would be interested in another
also those that didnt have one previously who would be interested in next years

these wont be out untill november but im just looking into them now

FATBOY
23-05-2008, 12:48
some of you will know that i did the WC official calenders last year for the club,
im doing a couple of other sites this year also so trying to get on things early to avoid the manic rush last year.

all i want to know is,

for those that had one,

what did you like
what didnt you like
what you you want different
was the size ok

and who would be interested in another
also those that didnt have one previously who would be interested in next years

these wont be out untill november but im just looking into them now

liked the layout

didnt like the multiple shots of the same car for a few of the months(favouritism????)

would a few shots of my car! (was one group shot under the bridge of mine)

spell check :wink:

size was ok. and would like a hanging loop with the top centre of the calender cut out ( D shape) so we can turn the pages ok without having to take the hanging loop out.

im deffo up for one next year

Coops
23-05-2008, 12:50
need valvers in it :wink: :lol:

donsrno1
23-05-2008, 13:08

Amen :lol:

LEIGH-ANNE
23-05-2008, 13:51
I thought this years one was fine. Just had a look through it to pick these out, wouldnt really have paid much attention to them if we hadnt have bin asked. :)

* Plastic front was a nice touch

* Thought maybe there could have been fewer and larger pics on front page

* Fatboys 'd' shape loop prob a must

* Fonts on the days of the week could have been smaller, didnt see much point in them being that big, even more so with the numbers

* Thought that the pics were fine, although wouldnt do any harm to add a few valvers, most of WC dont actually own willys so as it was made for WC members as a club, dont see any reason why they cant be in there. Would be good to see a few tungys and naples etc...

* Didnt see anything wrong with the card you used for them

* The shadow of the month i thought was a nice touch

* Aswell as the website being on each page

* Did think there would be more group pics tho...

* Thought the overall size of the calender was going to be larger, thought it would have been A4 tbh. If cost is more id still buy one, most calenders are like a tener at least nowadays anyway!

Well thats my opinion anyway lol :wink:

Taylor
23-05-2008, 14:01
it was a club desicion for them to all be williams, not mine, else i would have put mine in it lol

i think this years will be valvers as well

as for the photos, i could only use what people put forward , so get snapping some group shots if you want them in hehe

yeah the size was an issue, the 1st batch i sent out were A4 but the printing costs were way too high and each one was costing me an extra £2 each, and when i sold 30 of them i would have been £60 out of my own poocket.

probably offer a choice of 2 sizes this year

hanging loop - ill look into

AndyFielder
23-05-2008, 14:51
3rd'd

Most people are running nice valvers/hybrids on here.... they add to the club and this should be represented in the calender.

Amen :lol:

seanofnp
23-05-2008, 15:54
yeah last years calender was bullshit not having valvers or hybrids in it

speed
23-05-2008, 16:26
i cant comment on lastyears but i will have one this year,

speed
23-05-2008, 16:27
^^^^ cant comment because i dont have one

Taylor
23-05-2008, 16:32
yeah last years calender was bulls**t not having valvers or hybrids in it

was a club desicion, not mine

i dont own either,

seanofnp
23-05-2008, 17:07
yeah last years calender was bulls**t not having valvers or hybrids in it

was a club desicion, not mine

i dont own either,

I know, was just making a statement, not saying you had any part in that. :)

16v_paddy
23-05-2008, 18:26
I can't comment on the latest calendar (don't have 1 :oops:)

I'd deffo have 1 this time round tho. Be good to have some valvers represented, I'd love to get mine in it

I'll get snappin when it comes out the paint shop in 2 weeks, its only been in 2 days and I miss it like crazy :cry:

rob-legend
23-05-2008, 19:19
i think there should be a full calender of stripped out cars and cars during a project, so we can all look at them for inspiration :D :P but last years was great, well donei was impressed but a definite yes for the hanging hook!

BRUN
23-05-2008, 22:29
perfectly happy with mine, just need a hanging loop/hook

Martin
23-05-2008, 23:34
how about some pics for those of us who have never seen the 08 version?

FATBOY
23-05-2008, 23:35
williamsclio calender should be wiilys only. i say do one of each! make a post on the valver site for some 16v hybrid action!

Martin
23-05-2008, 23:42
meh .....you start saying willy only calendar, what next? Willy only pics, projects etc etc As far as I know the 16v / hybrid owners have played a big role in making this forum as succesfull as it it is....bit more variety than 12 stnd williams too imo.

16v_paddy
24-05-2008, 00:56
I reckon 2 official calendars would be the best option imo, 1 purely of williams' and another that would represent other members of the club as a whole

I'd buy both, 1 for at home the other for at the office 8)

AndyFielder
24-05-2008, 03:44
I reckon 2 official calendars would be the best option imo, 1 purely of williams' and another that would represent other members of the club as a whole

I'd buy both, 1 for at home the other for at the office 8)

Good plan but they need hooks to hang them.

I think unfinished cars/cool pics etc would be awesome... more to look at etc etc.

Taylor
24-05-2008, 09:28
the only problem with having 2 final ones is time, last year i did it all for free, i made nothing out of it, in fact it cost me.

the cost of last years fost £4.50 iirc - id say this years will cost more like £6 with the changes

i enjoy doing it, but if people would bare in mind that im not making anoything out of it. before getting agro like last year

FATBOY
24-05-2008, 10:25
meh .....you start saying willy only calendar, what next? Willy only pics, projects etc etc As far as I know the 16v / hybrid owners have played a big role in making this forum as succesfull as it it is....bit more variety than 12 stnd williams too imo.

martin. sorry if it seems i was alienating the hybrid/16v owners. and yes i know they are a big part/key to the success of a very vibrant and lively forum.

Joel
24-05-2008, 10:57
I'd be interested with a smallish one.

Maybe 400mill x 400mill.

16v_paddy
24-05-2008, 18:10
the only problem with having 2 final ones is time, last year i did it all for free, i made nothing out of it, in fact it cost me.

the cost of last years fost £4.50 iirc - id say this years will cost more like £6 with the changes

i enjoy doing it, but if people would bare in mind that im not making anoything out of it. before getting agro like last year

Thats well cheap :shock: Those pikey market stalls that pop up around nov time want at least £10 for a calendar thats crap

I'd happily pay £10 for a club calendar, and I want 2

seanofnp
24-05-2008, 18:38

That was my point, a "Williams Clio" Calender is fine if its all williams

but the club calender should have CLUB cars, hense valvers/hybrids etc

www.williamsclio.co.uk club calender

wouldnt be a club calender without club members cars and not everyone has a williams.

Carole Anne
27-05-2008, 12:14
Thought last years was brill and would want 2 again. :D

Hangy loopy thing would be good.

Carole Anne