PDA

View Full Version : grrr another high idle victim

teabag
20-05-2008, 20:29
right
started the rt valver up today with the unlocked ecu (curtousy of midge) it fired up fine but started idling at 2k rpm.

i left the car to run a little as its not been run in ages, and the idle came down to 1.5k rpm. then on driving it home the idle varied between 1.5 2 and 3k rpm.

the real issue started when i came to acellerate as i put my foot down the car bogged down and sounded like it was misfiring then once the throttle was opened more than half it went like normal (and pretty damn quick)

its being pretty random with the bogging down and idling

i think the problem lies somewhere between the icv, the tps and the lambda. the ecu light also stays on once the enigine has started??

anyone??

teabag
21-05-2008, 13:15
guess i must be right lol

Coops
21-05-2008, 14:50
as you say mate, check tps setup, check lambda and clean out the ISCV.

105epwr
21-05-2008, 21:22
its not got an air leak has it?spray sum carb cleaner around the inlet manifold (gasket area)and or the manifold breather pipes etc with it running and see if the revs go up for a few secs if so you have an air leak.

Evogone
18-02-2009, 08:39
right
started the rt valver up today with the unlocked ecu (curtousy of midge) it fired up fine but started idling at 2k rpm.

i left the car to run a little as its not been run in ages, and the idle came down to 1.5k rpm. then on driving it home the idle varied between 1.5 2 and 3k rpm.

the real issue started when i came to acellerate as i put my foot down the car bogged down and sounded like it was misfiring then once the throttle was opened more than half it went like normal (and pretty damn quick)

its being pretty random with the bogging down and idling

i think the problem lies somewhere between the icv, the tps and the lambda. the ecu light also stays on once the enigine has started??

anyone??

What was the problem in the end ?