PDA

View Full Version : Lamdba sensor wiring

paush
16-05-2008, 09:03
I've done loads of searches for this and can't find anything but just wondered if anyone could tell me, or better still have a picture of how the lamdba wiring and multiplug are routed off from the engine loom down to the lamdba sensor itself

Just got it hanging down under and across the downpipe for now just to turn it over, but dont wanna leave it like that for the MOT and road test obviously

Would be eternally grateful!

Cheers

MicKPM
16-05-2008, 09:52
I can't remember the Renault wiring colours but the HO2 sensor is as follows:

Black - Signal
White - +12v (Heater)
White - Earth (Heater)

paush
16-05-2008, 10:09
Cheers for that, sorry i just meant how the wire is routed past/around the subframe lol

MicKPM
16-05-2008, 10:21
Oh right, well that's easier then...

The HO2 loom should come round with the starter loom and then fix to the back of the subframe near the dogbone mount on a metal bracket. It then sits in a couple of clips and just tucks up the back of the subframe/drivers footwell.

Precise routing isn't essential providing it's A - Not hanging down beggin to be caught and snagged at speed and B - It's not near the driveshaft(s) or exhasut system.

paush
16-05-2008, 10:42
Spot on cheers mate

Any ideas on what this metal bracket looks like as i've quite a few left over lol?

MicKPM
16-05-2008, 11:07
I don't have any pictures i'm afraid mate but it's a small 'L' shape bracket that fits to the rear of the subframe. It's secured to one of the dogbone mount holes IIRC

Cable ties are your freind if you can't fit it properly ;)