PDA

View Full Version : carbon fibre bonnets

Ahmed Bayjoo
15-05-2008, 23:22
Carbon fibre bonnet ,

autoclave/pre preg finished outer skin, finish will be spot on.

fibre glass inner frame.

uses original factory fitting points and the use of the factory catch mechanism.

would need 5 people for this to go ahead. price is approx £550

if GENUINELY interested either post on the thread or pm me.

thanks

white16valver
16-05-2008, 08:00
Sounds mint 8)

Anyone want to join me in doing a bank job? :lol:

AndyFielder
16-05-2008, 09:01
cant you just get skins?

most people dont want the extra weight of the frame on it.

Tommo
16-05-2008, 13:01
So bonnet pins wouldn't be needed? Sounds tempting....expensive tho, no way of getting the price down a bit?

Ahmed Bayjoo
16-05-2008, 14:21
yes, bonnet pins would not be needed, which is why i asked about having the inner frame.

which kind of answers andy's question as well.

i will ask if they will do just the outer skin so those people that want to use pins can do so, but i just thought the fibreglass bonnet made more sense if doing it that way.

yes i agree it is expensive.
ill ask if they can do it at a better price, but they retail for £599, because of the group buy they will do it at the cheaper price , but no harm in asking.

Coops
16-05-2008, 14:23
can you price up just the skin aswell please mate

Ahmed Bayjoo
16-05-2008, 14:31
will do coops, ive emailed them , will post as soon as i get a reply

french car show
18-05-2008, 00:04
Streamline Carbon are not prepared to supply just the outer skin with no bracing or fixing points as although the panel would be strong enough (yet still requiresw inner bracing) would not feel it prudent to put ourselves in a position where the bonnet may be vunerable to lifting at speed, which has been seen with other bonnets with no bracing.

Streamline Carbon can supply a fibreglass option from £179.99 which has inner frame and rear hinge fixing points but requires bonnet pins for fixing at front or from £229.99 for bonnet which retains latch mechanism fixing.

£550 is the best price we can do for the product based on 5 orders.

Thanks

Chris
Streamline Carbon