PDA

View Full Version : 432???

doug2.0
15-05-2008, 20:43
right my car got smashed into a few months ago and i had it repaired at a major accident repair centre they replaced bumper tailgate and back slam panel, when i picked it up it was wet as it had been raining and i thought it was a good colour match. they had done it in waterbased paint so was a really smooth and pro job,
and up until recently with the sunny weather and clean car i havnt noticed, but i think they may have done it in 432 instead of 449!

when its washed and polished and dry there is a definate difference in the two colours, but i was hoping that it was due to it being new paint? or did 449 contain no purple whatsoever when the sun is on it?

from the pic you cant really tell but anyway....

what do you lot think? im pretty sure it is 432 and im pretty gutted to be honest

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/doug123_2006/432.jpg

Lunner
15-05-2008, 20:50
Take a 449 body part off the front, i suggest front grill or something small and compare, if theres a difference go straight back and point out the mistake.....although you'll get the old line about the paint on the front being old and so a diff colour to new paint

doug2.0
15-05-2008, 20:56
yeah i thought about going back but its been a while now, dont need to bother with grille or owt because you can tell from the main shell where it meets around the tailgate,
i dont think ill have anycomeback now, the file for my claim has been closed and everyone has been paid. maybe a full resparay in a few years if ive still got her. just wish id noticed straight away

Lunner
15-05-2008, 20:59
Should have a warrantee on any work done, dunno if its same for bodyshop work etc, but anything you buy you have a statuatory 12 month guarentee.

I'd go back, just say you've been busy and not had chance to come in earlier, worth a try if nowt else

doug2.0
15-05-2008, 21:03
yeah its got 3 years on the paint i think, yeah ive got nowt to lose i suppose.
i just wanted to vent my dissapointment somewhere, just had the rear arches done by a friend of the family too, and hes made a right hash of it, bidnt bare metal the bit of rust that was there so came back after 2 weeks!! back end is well patchy ayt the moment.
plus people keep telling me its fake with the white wheels and no side stickers :roll: