PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy drivers door...

Tammboy
13-05-2008, 20:07
When i close the driver's door it catches but doesn' t shut properly - you've then got to kinda push it with your arse. I've spent ages moving the bolt catch about but with no real success. It's the most frustrating thing ever!! It even has a habit of popping out/slightly opening at high speeds.

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks....

MAXIBOY
13-05-2008, 20:18
has the door dropped and needs lifting to shut right. if so replace the hinge pins.

other wise adjust the latch pins on the b pillar out a tad further.

if the door locks not staying shut when closed properly replace the lock unit as its faulty.

white16valver
14-05-2008, 08:02
This sounds like what mine has done - you can't slam it as it doesn't catch, you have to push it so it clicks into the ajar-but-held-in-place position, then shove it so it clicks into the properly-closed position.

As above, I think it's just a new lock unit that's needed. I'm not sure I'd bother to get it changed - it's just 'character' and also means you can close the door quietly when you want to make a stealthy exit from somewhere ;) (well, until you start up and then the exhaust wakes half the neighbourhood LoL :lol:)

Tammboy
19-05-2008, 21:46
I think it could be the hinge pins. I think at some stage the wind might have caught it causing it to bend a little at the front and affect the shutting. Can anyone recommend a good way of bending the front upper hinge back a little?

Lunner
19-05-2008, 21:55
Its normal for the hinge pins to be worn to ****, try replacing thema nd see if that helps