PDA

View Full Version : williams lock set

busterhymes
13-05-2008, 11:01
got a prob with seized passenger and boot lock whilst all mechs work off the central locking i was wondering whats the best approach to sorting the prob as want to be able to operate manually if needed basically like they should be anyone got any ideas, one thing i dont want are a bunch of keys so whats the options????

Coops
13-05-2008, 11:15
lots of wd40? failing that buy a new complete lock set from matbrown or breakers etc with key and fit them to your car, ignition barrel can be drilled out or you can simply swap the entire column from the donor car aswell

busterhymes
13-05-2008, 11:44
ta for that m8 had an idea that was best option does changing the lockset effect immobiliser as not sure if key chipped

white16valver
13-05-2008, 12:43
The zapper is chipped to the central locking but the ignition isn't afaik.

Lunner
13-05-2008, 13:40
No key isn't i've used copied keys before, if you get the IR reciever in the roof for the lockset you're getting then you can use the plip in the key that comes with it.......98% sure that will disarm the imobiliser

Allan
13-05-2008, 14:18
You can swap all the locks over and then just change the blade in your key and put it in the other key. keep the same plip and alarm but change the blade.

or get an after market alarm fitted and then do away with it totaly

Also the lock barrel in the steering coloum can be changed by putting it in position m with the key in (you need to disconnect the battery).

busterhymes
13-05-2008, 14:31
ta for all advice will get on it now to find the bits lol