PDA

View Full Version : Warning lights illuminated on dash ???

Jo
18-06-2005, 21:31
Hi
Wondering if anyone can give some advice ???
I had a few problems a few weeks ago with my clio not starting, thought it was the ignition switch, so had that changed, the problem was still there, then the alternator was showing to be the problem, so had that changed.
the car has been working really well for 3 weeks or so, until today !!!!
Went on a journey of about 50 miles and noticed that the "STOP" and the "BATTERY" warning lights had come on ???
A few miles up the road they went out, so stopped the car, done what I had to do, but when I started the car again the lights were illuminated again !

The car seems to be running fine, and when I load the car up by puttting the lights on etc there seems to be no difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice :wink:

Jo

Martin
18-06-2005, 23:06
I had a little of the flashing battery light on the dash...was just a loose connection though...

VIPERONE
19-06-2005, 02:30
maybe a loose earth.. i dunno.. a french mystery.. mine came off when i installed a new battery

Daz
19-06-2005, 08:37
My Williams 3 did this.. and then it finally came on 24/7 after a day or so.. alternator was stuffed.

My Williams 2 also did this.. but always quite intermittant.. went on for a couple of months, and never a problem.. dunno why.
I changed the alternator when the engine was out just in case, but I think that could have just been a bad connection too.