PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette lighter won't work + further electrics...

Tammboy
11-05-2008, 21:39
When you press down the cigarette light it doesn't hold nor seem to work, does anyone have any ideas? (Williams 3)

Further to this when i took out the ashtray n corresponding cigarette holder plastic surround, i discovered a red electric plug unplugged with 6 wires going into it, and a further clear plug with two wires going into it. Does anyone know what these do?

Also there was a loop made on the white wire going into the electric locking button, anyone know what this does?

Much appreciated, thanks.

MAXIBOY
11-05-2008, 21:49
theres always a few spares in there... :D

have you tried checking the fuses...or testing for a live first...

Tammboy
13-05-2008, 20:10
Yeah i checked the fuses, they seem fine. But when you look at the holder, it almost looks like it's missing something. Like it's not obvious how the cigarette light button would stick down when you press it?

Haven't checked for a live wire yet no - do i just get a multimeter on it?

MAXIBOY
13-05-2008, 20:15
yes mate should have a constant 12v iirc.

16v_paddy
13-05-2008, 20:31
Mine doesn't work either :roll:

Got 6 from scrappers but none of em work :evil: but I can still use it to charge my phone :?

cliokiz
13-05-2008, 22:26
Mine works!

I think it's just a broken cigarette lighter because they should 'stick' down until they are hot enough to spring back up.

Don't really know how it works, but i remember on my old one, if you held it down it would heat up, it just wouldn't hold itself there.

Hozcat
15-05-2008, 15:54
I had the same problem on mine.

To fix it, I prised the metal tabs within the holder inwards slightly. If you don't prise them in far enough they won't hold the lighter in the down position; prise them too far and you won't be able to push the lighter down.

I assume it pops back up due to the metal expansion because of the heat. Anyhow, hope this makes sense.

Hoz.

Tammboy
16-05-2008, 23:42
Yeah all sorted! thanks, bent them in a bit with a screwdriver n it works fine...