PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a nightmare, any help appreciated

mk1-ryan
11-05-2008, 13:43
Hi all,

Bassicly I went out yesterday playing football with some friends in a huge field and managed to loose my only set of valver keys :(

I spent 4 hours looking for them soon as I lost them then I went home and left the car only to come back later in the evening and look even more for them but with no luck...

Anyway me and my friend have managed to open the passanger door with wire and pull the lock up but Im still keyless and my valver is still in a car park in quite a bad area of town.

Ive managed to track down someone who is willing to sell me locks/petrol caps/ ignition barrel/ boot lock all for a fiver becuase im good mates with them however I dont have a clue how to fit the ignition barrel or take the old one off.... I have been told to drill the lock pin but I really dont know what im doing with this but at the same time I cant really leave the car there another night otherwise it will slowly start to loose parts im sure!

So bassicly im going to go back to the car today with some tools on the hope of snapping/drilling the stearing lock so I can atleast tow it home, I do have a haynes but it doesnt really tell you much... does anyone know of any guides on how to do this? thanks alot and all help thanks in advance

Lunner
11-05-2008, 13:47
There are about 3 pins that stick out through the casing that the ignition barrel slots into, normally as you turn the key you push these in and pull the barrel out, cus you can't do this you need a cordless with about 4-6mm bit on and drill these studs out, think i've managed to punch them out before too, with a centre punch and big hammer, you can then slide the ignition barrel out and you're away.

mk1-ryan
11-05-2008, 14:25
found them! woohohoooo cheers all anyway

mk1-ryan
11-05-2008, 14:29
thank the lord! I found em! cheers all anyway though

Daz.
11-05-2008, 17:38
Where did you find them?? thats some good luck!

richy
11-05-2008, 18:11
Where did you find them?? thats some good luck!

in his pocket :P

Rich
11-05-2008, 19:54
Where did you find them??

the last place he put them :wink:

Ivor Williams
11-05-2008, 21:53
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

I'm not really sure it's a good idea to leave Lunners post on a public forum as some unsavoury characters may have a read???

Coops
11-05-2008, 21:54
i think the unsavoury characters would already know that information mate