PDA

View Full Version : idling problem possibly

stevem42
08-05-2008, 16:28
hi all ..hope someone can help ...been to look at a williams 2 today its very clean loads of history ive had it hpi'd its clear....only two things i can find wrong
1....... is that the idle speed is staying around 1200-1400rpm is this a costly problem?

2....the oil pressure gauge doesnt work but oil temp,level and warning light work ok

ive looked on your buying guide (which is very good btw)

any other points that i might need to check

thanks in advance

white16valver
08-05-2008, 17:38
Pressure gauge might just be a sensor so pretty cheap, or the needle could be stuck LoL :lol:

Is it stuck at about 3 or is it at the bottom of the gauge? In the middle might just need tapping to free it - it's a common thing lol

Idle speed thing could be a the throttle body thing at the front of the engine (can't remember the exact name now lol) which is an easy clean with Carb cleaner, or it could be the throttle position sensor, which is over £100 new apparently, unless you can source one secondhand...

Alternatively could it just be an air leak somewhere in the system??

(I'm no mechanic though so hopefully others will chip in :oops: lol)

teabag
08-05-2008, 17:40
idle control valve

drsmith1979
08-05-2008, 22:58
do a quick search for iscv or idle speed control valve, i have posted up a few pics of what it is and where so you can get to it, there is also a guide on cleaning it 8)

white16valver
09-05-2008, 15:41
That's the bit I was referring to - I've been suffering brain melt due to the weather :oops: lol

stevem42
09-05-2008, 17:38
thanks very much for all your comments etc

unfortunately someone bought the car before i could get back to the chap.......never mind ill keep looking for one

MAXIBOY
09-05-2008, 19:34
ok but idle speed was speedo cable...oil pressure was most likely a faulty wire on the pressure sender...