PDA

View Full Version : aaarrrgggghhhhh

teabag
06-05-2008, 20:11
been doin a bit of work on my rt conversion today, finished off plugging everything etc, came to turn the key and..........wouldnt fire

fuel pump didnt seem to be working, got that working, now theres an ecu light flashing on the dash and the fan is constantly on. there fuel goin to the rail and a spark getting to the dizzy (need to check the dizzy is ok), there oil in the plug holes which may be affecting starting, BUT i cant here the injector relay clicking over.

its starting to get a little annoying now.

if i sit and think about it i recon a could figure it out, but, just incase, is there any sheffield (or abouts) based people free on friday afternoon willing to lend a hand or word of knowledge?

white16valver
06-05-2008, 20:35
Is the injector relay fused?

(I'm not a mechanic in any proper way, I'm just guessing :oops: LoL :lol: )

davem
06-05-2008, 20:38
first of all rt conversion?
What engine is going into what?
Sounds like you could have an immobiliser problem but without knowing which engine you are fitting and to what and which loom/ecu you are using cant give you much advice!
If its the fuel pump relay giving you hassle then bridge the 2 thick wires together and the two thin wires together if fuel pump runs and engine starts its the relay at fault.
Although sounds to me like the injectors arent firing up which is more than likely the ecu immobilised. If this is the case you either need to fit the immobiliser module and key from the donor car and wire it all in or try gettin it decoded.

donsrno1
06-05-2008, 20:50
The flashing light on the dash will probably be the immobiliser kicking in and blocking the car starting, as that is shown by a flashing light on the dash. Is it on the right hand side that the light is flashing?

AmDaMan
06-05-2008, 22:28
went to have a look at this today..

He says he has a ph1 ECU, the orange light is on the right hand side.

What does the immobiliser stop, spark or the pump? There is a spark @ the HT lead, the fuel pump is also priming as it should..

It seems the fuel isn't getting past the rail? Doe the immob disable the injectors?

white16valver
07-05-2008, 07:39
I can't imagine it would?

If the pump's priming and fuel is getting through, and there's a spark, I'm a bit flummoxed lol

richy
07-05-2008, 11:22
regarding the fuel to the rail, check the pipes are on the right way, ive seen them fitted backwards before!

AmDaMan
07-05-2008, 12:46
Lol, we tried em both ways, which is the return any way? The furthest right?

teabag
07-05-2008, 14:03

sorry about nearly spraying you and that spark plug with fuel lol

goin back down on friday, im sure its the injector relay, as i couldnt here it fireing, plus going to change the rocker gasket, clean out that oil, and fit new HT's

richy
07-05-2008, 16:25

iirc the return is the one closest the throttle body and inlet is cambelt side.

teabag
07-05-2008, 18:11
ahh so they where right the first time

going to check the injector relay i think, thats got to be the problem

or the oil in the plugholes from the ****ed rocker gasket

or the ht leads

or the plugs

lists getting longer haha

white16valver
07-05-2008, 18:15
I wouldn't worry about oil in the plugholes - it drops into the cylinders when you change the plugs then just gets burnt off when you start up :)

Mine smoked like a goodun last week when I did my plugs and leads lol

white16valver
07-05-2008, 18:17
ooh, and as a thought, did you check all the leads were sparking or just the main one to the dizzy cap? I guess if the cap's fooked then the spark wouldn't get past there!

teabag
07-05-2008, 18:25
oh yea missed the dizzy off of my list lol

is really annoying now as ive been doing this conversion for a month

hmmmm should have bought a 17poo engine lol