PDA

View Full Version : Changing Dizzy Cap and Rotor Arm

MattyH16valver
06-05-2008, 13:41
Hi, I've just bought some new Irridium spark plugs and some decent Leads...just wondering how easy it is to change the dizzy cap and rotor arm? Would I need a new ignition coil too? Cheers. Matt

drsmith1979
06-05-2008, 18:40
real easy to change them both... sometimes the rotor arm can feel like its bolted on! so just gently and carefully prize it off with a screw driver, should take all of 5 mins... wouldn't bother with a coil pack unless you are having starting problems at the mo?

MattyH16valver
06-05-2008, 18:53
real easy to change them both... sometimes the rotor arm can feel like its bolted on! so just gently and carefully prize it off with a screw driver, should take all of 5 mins... wouldn't bother with a coil pack unless you are having starting problems at the mo?

Nah....starts fine thanks mate...just co im buying the decent leads and plugs...thought I may aswell do the dizzy cap and rotor.
Cheers 8)

drsmith1979
06-05-2008, 21:59
so long as you have no issues i wouldn't bother as you will then start down the path of replacing everything.... battery, wiring, distributer etc.. haha.. thats what happens with these bad boys.