PDA

View Full Version : decals again!

ziggymini
06-05-2008, 11:17
Right ok my Willy 2 in for arch work (surprise surprise) with mark fish & I did a search on decals on here & got so many pages it will take me ages to read them all, so in short who did we decide was good for a pattern decal set please?

Jaine :)

MatrixGuy
06-05-2008, 13:09
Mine are getting done too so i want to know aswell, lol. :D

MatBrown
06-05-2008, 22:50
Best place is Renault but Daz. is meant to be sorting out some spot-on replicas.

Mat.

eternalife
07-05-2008, 00:10
Best place is Renault but Daz. is meant to be sorting out some spot-on replicas.

Mat.

He was trying, but he couldnt get the right gold colour match, and due to funding, aborted his copyright infringement techniques :D

Daz.
07-05-2008, 07:10

Mat.

I've given up now I have 15 sets (5 of each) and well I don't know if they're any use to anyone else but straight on the blue is perfect - from any other angle I personally think its too light a blue - may be ok for willy 3's but I don't think I'd be happy posting them to someone who was expecting exacts.

The willy 1 decals are perfect mind - I'll get some pictures up I guess - let everyone make their own minds up!

I'm already thinking of other ways to do these though - I'm thinking high resolution reprints onto stick backing paper rather than vinyl cutouts - afterall in theory a shop should be able to replicate one perfectly.

titcharoony
07-05-2008, 09:56
to put this to bed once and for all, i reckon I can get as close to original size and colour as you'd need. I dont finish uni for about a month n a bit, and am busy with work fo' northy n obv uni work till then. after that Ill get on the case. Might need an original for each of the williams set tho from people - these will be returned!

MatrixGuy
07-05-2008, 12:51
to put this to bed once and for all, i reckon I can get as close to original size and colour as you'd need. I dont finish uni for about a month n a bit, and am busy with work fo' northy n obv uni work till then. after that Ill get on the case. Might need an original for each of the williams set tho from people - these will be returned!

sweet. keep us updated bud.

titcharoony
07-05-2008, 13:02
will do. im sure daz tried damn hard tho, so kudos to him, I did give him some abust for not getting them quicker ;) but like he says its so tough to find the exact colours. As these are must have items a spares, or just even to renew on everyones cars on here, Id happily become the official supplier of these. :) like i said peeps, give me about 5 weeks and Ill have these all sorted. But might have to have some originals to go off. What do I need? one 'williams' for the '1'? the same 'williams' but with a '2' for the williams 2, and an altered 'williams 3' for the willy 3?

Daz.
07-05-2008, 16:10
^^^

Cheers fella - These I have here size wise are perfect, gold wise perfect its just the blue - dead on its fine but other angles seems I don't know too blue...

Might just stick them on ebay like everyone else does!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/SSL10847.jpg

rob-legend
07-05-2008, 17:55
how much would you want for the two wings and the boot one daz?

FATBOY
07-05-2008, 18:37
i have a williams 3 set. both arches(you would only need to borrow one obviously) and the tailgate williams decals. and obviously the arch and tailgate 3's. and IMHO i cannot see any colour difference on the infill on the williams 2 and the williams 3 decals. i also have one spare number 2 (not sure if arch or tailgate) and the colour of the 2 infill was no different to the number 3 infill. obviously the number 2 can be resized to be an exact match for the arch/tailgate decal i dont have. more than welcome to borrow these(as long as they are sent recorded delivery)

Daz.
07-05-2008, 19:37
how much would you want for the two wings and the boot one daz?

Hey if you wanna trial them be my guest :D

Pay for postage and you can fit them and get some shots up - one off mind so nobody else ask for freebies!

rob-legend
07-05-2008, 23:47
Pm me how much you want for postage my good man :D