PDA

View Full Version : FAO Stromba

Swervin_Mervin
17-06-2005, 16:37
there's a nice forum here (http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?showforum=6).

Check out the PePiPoo thread! :P

KingStromba
17-06-2005, 17:06
8)

KingStromba
17-06-2005, 17:09
Im in, :D

Swervin_Mervin
17-06-2005, 17:10
<snigger> :twisted:

summeh
17-06-2005, 17:14
lol, do not reference this site !!!

Swervin_Mervin
17-06-2005, 17:17
I haven't. Even my screen name is different.

Should get gunner on there! :P

Swervin_Mervin
17-06-2005, 17:44
And he's off. <lights touch paper and retreats to a safe distance to watch>

KingStromba
17-06-2005, 18:22
Just been banned :D

lagerlout1
17-06-2005, 18:37
I ****ing hate coppers. It's a job you do if yourr not clever enough to somethig useful. And the fact they get given a chip to put on their shoulder as sonn as they've got the job. Tossers.

VIPERONE
17-06-2005, 19:01
4500 applicants, 37 places ...hmmmm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BRUN
17-06-2005, 19:28
lol

lagerlout1
17-06-2005, 20:11
4500 applicants, 37 places ...hmmmm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hahahaha. Two people I went to school with who are barely capable of tieing their own shoes have just joined the force. ( one failed first time because he couldn't push a punch bag over) They have been searching for a job since they left Uni over 4 years ago. They both have a degree in **** all. So they gave up their search for a job they wanted and joined the force.

And if they are two out of 4500.... god help the police force and god ****ing help us!!!

KingStromba
18-06-2005, 09:30
Got to admit the only person i know has joined wasnt the most intelligent of people. If fact he got a third class degree in geography, and couldnt think of anything else to do so joined up. :roll:

lagerlout1
18-06-2005, 12:49
I think it's about the best paid job you can yet still require no formal qualififcations as such. I think after training they get about 26k.
and lol @ 3rd class Geography. I think my two friends have degrees in Media Studies and environmental science respectively....lol.

VIPERONE
19-06-2005, 02:25
lol.. yes it makes me laugh, i fooled about at school, breezed my way to military, then joined police after 5 years, I sat in the police interview areas listening to all the uni graduates discussing what degrees they had..
The best thing was, most of the uni graduates failed the interviews/assessments, Why spend a number of years at uni running up debts then join police..lol
What i lack in educational grades, i certainly make up for in life experience.

Pay wise, agreed not the greatest of jobs depending on location met get £28000 start and i got £22k however, not forgetting £150 per football match, £30+ per hour overtime pay, compensation , prisoner processing overtime, back fill, bank holiday pay, xmas pay etc, you can easily clear £2000+ per month and thats after tax and pension*, ive yet to clear under £1500 per month *there is no better pension scheme in Britain than the Police Pension.

As for being thick... i very much doubt a thick person would pass the interview process.. they would certainly get weeded out, as it is a 8+ phase process..
1) papersift + eye testing
2) entrance exams (iq testing, english + maths tests )
3)assessment day-- this phase weeds out 80%
4) fitness testing (lol piss easy but people fail it)
5) medical- i nearly failed hearing test.. too much shooting eh...
6) Final interview in front of HR manager and chief inspector
7) security checks
8) 2 years training/probation

Smokey McPot
19-06-2005, 10:32
I thought the NHS pension was supposed to be the best....

Aw well....NHS pay is crap, but its a laugh really, i get paid to mess about with chemicals :D

KingStromba
19-06-2005, 10:43
I get paid to sit on the interweb all day. :D

And where not having a go at your Gibson, you are clearly a good ploice man who likes his job. But ive got to admit standards are dropping.

I want coppers on the beat like Sean Connery in The Untouchables.

Tough, fair, moral, and intelligent.

Not a load of lilly livered pencil pushers down at city hall, filing speed camera statistics.

Mark_Ritchspeed
19-06-2005, 11:24
I think its the system as a whole thats at fault though. All this political correctness and the like nowadays annoys the shit out of me.

Why cant a copper give a little scrote a clip around the ear? Its what they deserve most of the time and probably wouldnt misbehave again so quickly. I know I deserved it a few times when I was younger and even got a clip once. The old man thanked the copper for sorting me out and bringing me home.

My recent experiences of coppers (touch wood) have all been positive and the last 2 times I have been pulled for driving quickly (once in excess of 100mph on a clear A-road) I have been given a stern warning.

They could obviously see conditions were good, although driving fast I wasnt driving dangerously which they pointed out to me. Although they did say the next time I was seen at those speeds they would throw the book at me. Fair enough, as its my choice to drive fast and if I continue to do so after being warned then I deserve the punishment.

I just feel if everyday coppers hands werent so frigging tied up in paperwork, racial equality and political correctness this country would be so much better.

KingStromba
19-06-2005, 11:30
I blame gunner

Mark_Ritchspeed
19-06-2005, 11:36
I blame gunner

Yeh, **** it. Me too. :twisted:

lagerlout1
19-06-2005, 21:30
I get paid to sit on the interweb all day. :D

And where not having a go at your Gibson, you are clearly a good ploice man who likes his job. But ive got to admit standards are dropping.

I want coppers on the beat like Sean Connery in The Untouchables.

Tough, fair, moral, and intelligent.

Not a load of lilly livered pencil pushers down at city hall, filing speed camera statistics.

Same here. It's nothing personal. It's just that if you knew my friends you'd be concerned that standards were dropping.
And the money sounds OK.... I only earn about a coppers top whack. Not bad for sitting about eating donuts. :wink: :lol: