PDA

View Full Version : Alarm that works off the standard fob?

Matty86
05-05-2008, 01:18
my first 16v (LMG) has an alarm that works off the standard fob... it deactivates when you open the central locking and activates when you lock it (and flashes the hazards etc...)

I quite like this as its very simple and hassle free (apart from it being IR)

my other valver has one that requires you to put a mini fob thing into a socket on the dash.. twice.. before it disarms, and it has the annoyance of re-alarming after about 1 minute, which can get annoying... especially at petrol stations etc :D

I've had a look on LMG's alarm, and there are no markings (apart from a 9/91 warranty sticker! :shock:)

does anyone know of an alarm that will operate this way? - one of those little annoyances I want to sort :)

FATBOY
05-05-2008, 12:04
i had a new TOAD Ai606 alarm fitted to my willy 3. and its all controlled from the one key fob. my car used to have the cobra alarm and seperate fob that you had to push against metal contacts to disarm the immobiliser. but the new toad alarm did away with the seperate fob

Daz.
05-05-2008, 18:47
^^^ best thing about the toad is its not IR which means you can actually get in the car now the first time of asking :D

Matty86
05-05-2008, 21:19
it's controlled from the renault fob?

Daz.
06-05-2008, 14:28
No but I doubt you'll find many that do - to be honest the renault fob sucks anyway and is limited to a singgle buttin which isn't enough for decent alarms

paush
06-05-2008, 14:54
My williams 2 came with a meta systems add-on alarm that worked from the renault fob

Was simple like you say but it soon lost favour with me when i realised i could get in the car with the alarm going off and just press the central locking unlock button to disarm it, no fob needed