PDA

View Full Version : At last ive done it ;)

jay s
04-05-2008, 22:45
5th place, well happy with that :D :wink:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/garage.php?mode=quartermile

summeh
05-05-2008, 01:14
nice result, what you had done to it ?

Laine_16v
05-05-2008, 01:39
Verrrrry good going, nice one mate :D

speed
05-05-2008, 09:32
nice one fella, do you think its was the hill power ik? :D

Andy P
05-05-2008, 12:09
Nice one mate, you sorted the fueling out then? wind must have been heading in the right direction.

100mph terminal is next then :wink:

jay s
05-05-2008, 12:38
summeh: since my i last went ive changed the ecu and fitted an induction kit ( scuttle kit ). old ecu has a problem which makes it run lean, lent an ecu of midge that has been chipped by prima and all is well :D

andy: yeah mate lean issue has been sorted by binning the hillpower ecu lol, already done a 100mph terminal :wink: (14.104 @ 100.49mph :D ) getting into 13's and doing 100mph is possible but would need to lose more weight and need to be a little cooler when it runs, winter time maybe :wink:

Andy P
05-05-2008, 13:02
Ideal. So are you going to get the ecu mapped by Nick again or not bother?

Or just give midge your old ecu back :wink:

Martin
05-05-2008, 16:05
as txt'd mate, knew you'd get there.... 8)

jay s
05-05-2008, 16:28
hehe yeah the determination payed off, think ill give the clutch a rest for awhile now :lol: come back to clio land fella buy the blue hybrid off stan, im sure he could offer some williamsclio discount or if not bribe him with some sheep or choir boys he likes both :wink:

Daz.
05-05-2008, 16:53
hehe yeah the determination payed off, think ill give the clutch a rest for awhile now :lol: come back to clio land fella buy the blue hybrid off stan, im sure he could offer some williamsclio discount or if not bribe him with some sheep or choir boys he likes both :wink:

FAF :lol:

wazza16v
05-05-2008, 21:03
i will need the ecu to run the willy lump mr shillingford :wink:

jay s
05-05-2008, 23:10
if the engine is'nt ****ed you can have it

wazza16v
06-05-2008, 06:36
we will see how it goes mate, keep you fingers fingers crossed for me

northy
06-05-2008, 12:35
next challenge is to cross the line at 100+

midge
06-05-2008, 13:08
well done jay. ill be there soon.

I would have done it that day, was running 14.1's in the morning, jay was doing 14.3's then my clutch went, later that afternoon it got alot quicker and jay dipped into the 13's after a couple of 14.010's :)

Get nick to re-map the ecu again mate, he should do it for free seeing as it is his doing that it isnt mapped correctly.

Laine_16v
06-05-2008, 15:10
next challenge is to cross the line at 100+

He's already got 100+ terminal's but when he did that he only got 14.1

jay s
06-05-2008, 20:18
Norty: as laine said ive already done a 100mph terminal ( 14.104@100.49mph) but imo getting a 13.??? @ 100 would need more weight lost, reckon i could do it if i changed back to 259mm disc ( 285's weigh a ton :cry: ) and lost more of the interior/glass etc but can't be arsed for now :wink:

Midge: you would of easy done a 13.??? if the poxy clutch did'nt start to slip after the first run :evil: really liked driving your car mate, so different to mine and feels very fast. gonna get on the phone to nick and tell him the ecu/chip is knackered but im not holding my breath for a free remap

FlamingMonkey
06-05-2008, 21:15
Well done Jay!

It's come a long way from when you first ran it!

MAXIBOY
08-05-2008, 18:59
what was your 0-60 out of interest..

jay s
08-05-2008, 20:06
no idea fella, at a guess 5.5-6sec max.

jay s
08-05-2008, 20:09
Well done Jay!

It's come a long way from when you first ran it!

yeah few choice mods have helped it along nicely :wink: sorry about knocking you down a spot but its been bugging me for a few years now and thought the board would look good a little changed :D :wink: doubt id stay there very long tho :roll:

Daz.
08-05-2008, 21:02
What was lined up along side you?

I need to run the willy - never done anything like that before so i've no doubt I'd **** it up :lol:

seanofnp
14-05-2008, 13:10
So was this with the bonnet on or off?

if its off i dont think you can count it as a 13 sec run, you cant drive round like that on the road and its a road going car!

Chris n`nic
14-05-2008, 13:55
no idea fella, at a guess 5.5-6sec max.

quicker than that m8...not too far off but I got 5.39..think Martin got about a 5.2 so I would imagine yours would be similar to his

Chris

jay s
14-05-2008, 14:47

if its off i dont think you can count it as a 13 sec run, you cant drive round like that on the road and its a road going car!

do i hint a little green eyed envy :wink: All 3 13's i ran were with the bonnet ON son, midge can confirm this :D

J o n
14-05-2008, 16:57
be more interesting to see what all these cars run with FULL interior, results would have more meaning as it would be a direct comparison of the mods then without power to weight making the equivalent of 50bhp lol

Lunner
14-05-2008, 17:05
Well they are all stripped out to similar specs, not like there is 50kg difference between any of them is there?

Daz.
14-05-2008, 17:27
I'm gonna run at the pod this year I think - When I put my std exhaust back on and refit the spare wheel I'll come along and see what a proper boggo willy does!

I'm concerned it'll be poo :lol:

seanofnp
14-05-2008, 22:38

do i hint a little green eyed envy :wink: All 3 13's i ran were with the bonnet ON son, midge can confirm this :D

Why your under this massive illusion im jealous of you is beyond me, my engine isn't alot different in power to yours, once its all in the new shell il head off to pod.

Why could someone get jealous of qtr mile times ? lol, just know you have a habit of running with the bonnet off and thinking it counts, alot like some of the people on the forums ;)

J o n
15-05-2008, 09:12
Well they are all stripped out to similar specs, not like there is 50kg difference between any of them is there?

Until they are weighed I'd bet they vary quite substantially tbh. Some are running perspex windows and bucket seats can vary massively between makes, models and specs. I'd say 50kg's between some is easily done, some of these cars weigh around 200kg's less than when they rolled off the production line

just know you have a habit of running with the bonnet off and thinking it counts, alot like some of the people on the forums ;)

could say the same about stripping the car full stop. 1/4 miles with totally stripped cars carry little meaning imo, be interesting to see how many can actually get in the 14's without losing all the interior and cutting bits away

eternalife
15-05-2008, 09:20
I agree with TheJesus - like for like 1/4 mile times are the ones to compare.
Can only really be done with standard weight....then comes the question of dropping tyre pressures, using slicks - the differences between what people are running is extremely varied.

1/4 mile times tell you about as much as rolling roads do IMO.

Chris n`nic
15-05-2008, 09:37
Thats why I don't really bother running mine these days. You can have a very nice quick car but you get beat by a shitty old nova with a 2lt and 150bhp of nos. I might run mine again if I get my gearbox sorted but tbh it is a rip off at york these days so I just can't be arsed with it. Probably £100 or more with fuel and race charges/food etc just to sometimes get 5 or so runs

Chris

seanofnp
15-05-2008, 10:07

Until they are weighed I'd bet they vary quite substantially tbh. Some are running perspex windows and bucket seats can vary massively between makes, models and specs. I'd say 50kg's between some is easily done, some of these cars weigh around 200kg's less than when they rolled off the production line

just know you have a habit of running with the bonnet off and thinking it counts, alot like some of the people on the forums ;)

could say the same about stripping the car full stop. 1/4 miles with totally stripped cars carry little meaning imo, be interesting to see how many can actually get in the 14's without losing all the interior and cutting bits away

In my book, removing interior is fine, you can drive around like that on the road, as long as its still road legal i dont see a problem with removing interior and it counting in 1/4 mile times, but removing exterior body panels you cant do on the road, so its an unfair test.

J o n
15-05-2008, 11:24

In my book, removing interior is fine, you can drive around like that on the road, as long as its still road legal i dont see a problem with removing interior and it counting in 1/4 mile times, but removing exterior body panels you cant do on the road, so its an unfair test.

It's all the same to me fella, the cars weighed 970kg's when they rolled off the production line, so stripped with bonnet or no bonnet makes little difference. Stripped is stripped. I was impressed back in the day when people were getting 14.1 and 14.0's with as little as the back seats out but it's hard to be impressed by times and speedo vids where the car's weight is massively under standard. May as well just run a chassis with nothing but an engine, seat and steering wheel. Cliofield, the cheaper alternative to a Westfield.

To be totally honest I think there's only a handful of cars on this site genuinely capable of getting into the 13's with full interior or just the back seats out, would be interesting to have a 1/4 mile day where all the cars are stock weight.

Lunner
15-05-2008, 11:31
You don't have race cars with full interior in 'just to make it fair' generally there is a limit to how much you can strip a car, plastic windows will make a little difference, all FIA spec bucket seats bar an expensive few weigh in around the 10kg mark, they have to to meet the specs and cost a reasonable price.

The main weight savings are in the sound insulation, seats and carpet, and taking back seats out still isn't standard is it buddy

J o n
15-05-2008, 11:42
you misunderstand, I'm not interested in what's classed as fair or not, I'm more interested in seeing how fast some of these cars actually are. Reducing weight by 100+kg's has a drastic effect on everything and with the level people strip cars to none are the same. At least with back seats out there's some common ground, in that standard back seats are all the same weight, so the results have more meaning for comparisons sakes.

Only cars that have genuinely impressed me to date have been

Adi's red one
2 live's
Monkey's
The Nana (when Mehdi owned it - 14.1 with back seats out on 6500 limiter!)
The white one (again when Mehdi had it - 13.4 with just the back seats out)
maybe a couple of other I've forgotten about...

Lunner
15-05-2008, 11:44
In that case its pretty damn simple, weigh each car and then find times per ton, like bhp/ton

J o n
15-05-2008, 11:45
simple in theory, totally unrealistic and impractical in the real world :roll:

Lunner
15-05-2008, 11:48
Gives you your comparison, most people who have stripped their car weigh it.

If you're going for full interior argument, then surely someone who has a gallon of fuel left has an advantage over someone who has a full tank, someone who has shit tyres has a dis advantage over someone with decent ones.....the arguments go on and on

J o n
15-05-2008, 12:01
of course it does, but I'd hope that people that race their cars have them in top possible condition so they dont need excuses like "I had the wrong fuel", "my tyres were bald" etc etc.

Either way, does change my perception. The times are only slightly better than cars running without back seats about 4 years+ ago

jay s
15-05-2008, 12:03
how many cars in the wc list were Totaly std when thay ran?, id take a good bet it starts somewhere with Andy/Norty. anything above this kinda gives in indication as to what happenes when stipped, even with just back seats out. im well happy and impressed with my 13.9 as to me it counts as thats how i drive the car day to day, even if it has been partly stripped it still counts imo

Lunner
15-05-2008, 12:26
:agree:

J o n
15-05-2008, 13:43
not saying it does count, just that I'd be interested to see how good the engine is without all the weight loss. Would be able to gauge how capable it is.

Not being funny, but the amount of weight some of you lose is probably giving you almost a second down the strip in some case.

Lunner
15-05-2008, 13:57
think thats the whole point in doing it ;)

J o n
15-05-2008, 14:17
I realise that you pedantic little boy, but fair enough, some people think the cars are then fast, I'm not easily fooled. With interior you have a much much better idea how good and strong your engine is.

Imo there's not been a car quicker than the old lot for some years, there's just been a lot of weight reduction, but then it's cheaper than tuning a car I spose

jay s
15-05-2008, 14:20
not saying it does count, just that I'd be interested to see how good the engine is without all the weight loss. Would be able to gauge how capable it is.

Not being funny, but the amount of weight some of you lose is probably giving you almost a second down the strip in some case.

thats what a rolling road does :wink: :wink:

J o n
15-05-2008, 14:26
well, it's what it's supposed to do.

Jay, what time do you honestly think your car would run if it was 970kg's?

jay s
15-05-2008, 14:30
it would'nt be 13 thats for sure, if im being really honest id say 14.3/4 with the DECENT map not hillpower one. out of interest what did monkey and 2live have when they ran, not having a dig just curious?/

Chris n`nic
15-05-2008, 14:36
To be fair the effort/power/weight reduction needed to get from low 14's to high 13's is a fair bit. I see it like tuning...get a willie engine upto 180's is relatively simple but to get to the 190-200+ is a hell of a lot more...then 220+ a lot more work again.

Chris

J o n
15-05-2008, 14:53
it would'nt be 13 thats for sure, if im being really honest id say 14.3/4 with the DECENT map not hillpower one. out of interest what did monkey and 2live have when they ran, not having a dig just curious?/

Well it's a bit of a difference, but not huge. I'm not against stripping out cars by the way, I just cant make any sense of the times and terminals as the weight is so different. 14.3/4 is still very quick, that would personally be quick enough for me that I'd have most of the creature comforts and at worst probably just remove the rears (which I'll probably do as I dont like having fattys in the back lol.

Monkey and 2 live both ran 14.0's with just the rear seats out, breathing mods and remap. 2 live had cams too, but they were timed to stock cam timing and he did that time in 30+ degree heat iirc.

To be fair the effort/power/weight reduction needed to get from low 14's to high 13's is a fair bit. I see it like tuning...get a willie engine upto 180's is relatively simple but to get to the 190-200+ is a hell of a lot more...then 220+ a lot more work again.

Chris

this is true, I think for 200bhp on a Williams you'd need to go a different route, like headwork and bottom end, which is great for future mods, but ITB's in the mean time would provide more power... obviously both would make a crazy amount of power :)

jay s
15-05-2008, 15:26

Well it's a bit of a difference, but not huge. I'm not against stripping out cars by the way, I just cant make any sense of the times and terminals as the weight is so different. 14.3/4 is still very quick, that would personally be quick enough for me that I'd have most of the creature comforts and at worst probably just remove the rears (which I'll probably do as I dont like having fattys in the back lol.

Monkey and 2 live both ran 14.0's with just the rear seats out, breathing mods and remap. 2 live had cams too, but they were timed to stock cam timing and he did that time in 30+ degree heat iirc.

Chris

this is true, I think for 200bhp on a Williams you'd need to go a different route, like headwork and bottom end, which is great for future mods, but ITB's in the mean time would provide more power... obviously both would make a crazy amount of power :)

thats what im always trying to get across when i say mine is semi stripped, i did that 13.9 and retained all creature comforts while doing it, ie the front of my clio where the 2 passangers sit is more or less totaly std, even have the heavy spks and stereo in, which i could'nt live without. also full glass,carpet,doorcards etc etc

J o n
15-05-2008, 15:34
What's been removed, rear seats, boot carpet, spare and the jack?

northy
15-05-2008, 15:36
bonnet

jay s
15-05-2008, 15:45
ive removed spare, jack, boot carpet, leathers (2 sparcos in place), bonnet but replaced with a fiberglass version, runnin superleggera ( but with heavy 285mm disc so probley weigh as much as a willy wheel again lol ) umm think thats it, did'nt want to go too mad on the stripping as i use it everyday. not bad for an eng with 125k under its belt :shock: :lol:

Martin
15-05-2008, 19:18
you misunderstand, I'm not interested in what's classed as fair or not, I'm more interested in seeing how fast some of these cars actually are. Reducing weight by 100+kg's has a drastic effect on everything and with the level people strip cars to none are the same. At least with back seats out there's some common ground, in that standard back seats are all the same weight, so the results have more meaning for comparisons sakes.

Only cars that have genuinely impressed me to date have been

Adi's red one
2 live's
Monkey's
The Nana (when Mehdi owned it - 14.1 with back seats out on 6500 limiter!)
The white one (again when Mehdi had it - 13.4 with just the back seats out)
maybe a couple of other I've forgotten about...

Can't comment on the cliorossa as i never saw it run....but the
Nana 'only' did 14.3 in medhi's hands iirc Craig did the 14.1 on stnd limiter, the white car was running only passenger seat no wing mirrors, no spare, carbon bonnet etc so quite a bit lighter than stnd....
2live's car probably was the best lightly tuned f7r doing a 14.0 with no spare, back seats....but rest oe.
Monkey's car has only done one 14.0 rest have been 14.5+ so that not proven at the mo imo...

Weight saving is the poor mans option lol which is why I did it.....more speed for no more money + all mine were still daily drivers.....

Any which way you look at it anything in the 13s on a stnd t/b f7r is bloody impressive.....if you want to keep your interioir and go fast get a tuneble turbo imo

eternalife
17-05-2008, 14:13
ive removed spare, jack, boot carpet, leathers (2 sparcos in place), bonnet but replaced with a fiberglass version, runnin superleggera ( but with heavy 285mm disc so probley weigh as much as a willy wheel again lol ) umm think thats it, did'nt want to go too mad on the stripping as i use it everyday. not bad for an eng with 125k under its belt :shock: :lol:

Seat Belts removed?
Sound Proofing removed?
Rear Door cards?
Plastic Trim around Rear Speakers?
Are aftermarket Coilovers lighter than OEM suspension?
Are the 4pot Calipers Heavier or lighter than OEM calipers?

jay s
17-05-2008, 15:09
[quote=jay s]ive removed spare, jack, boot carpet, leathers (2 sparcos in place), bonnet but replaced with a fiberglass version, runnin superleggera ( but with heavy 285mm disc so probley weigh as much as a willy wheel again lol ) umm think thats it, did'nt want to go too mad on the stripping as i use it everyday. not bad for an eng with 125k under its belt :shock: :lol:

Seat Belts removed? Yes but replaced with harness
Sound Proofing removed? yes foam under carpet upto bulk head
Rear Door cards? no
Plastic Trim around Rear Speakers? no
Are aftermarket Coilovers lighter than OEM suspension? probably
Are the 4pot Calipers Heavier or lighter than OEM calipers? Probably the same with brackets etc

Whats your problem javid? you go on and on and on like a bitch

richy
17-05-2008, 15:17
whats wrong with him taking stuff out the car, the aim is to get the fastest time be it by sticking a great turbo on or stripping the car abit, who cares!

no one moaned when martin was cracking 14.0 or faster with a gutted car!

bass_direct
17-05-2008, 15:40
hello jay :)

Lunner
17-05-2008, 16:37
whats wrong with him taking stuff out the car, the aim is to get the fastest time be it by sticking a great turbo on or stripping the car abit, who cares!

green eyed monster and all that ;)

richy
17-05-2008, 16:58
lol

bill.
17-05-2008, 22:51

agreed!

Coops
18-05-2008, 13:41
i'll happily take on some ballast and run at pod :D

jay s
18-05-2008, 14:09
13.1 @108 to beat fella :wink: think your up to it ??

Coops
18-05-2008, 15:12
tall order, lag could stop me, damn turbo :oops:

Daz.
18-05-2008, 15:38
tall order, lag could stop me, damn turbo :oops:

Ditch it :wink:

stevie_b
18-05-2008, 16:13
how many cars in the wc list were Totaly std when thay ran?, id take a good bet it starts somewhere with Andy/Norty. anything above this kinda gives in indication as to what happenes when stipped, even with just back seats out. im well happy and impressed with my 13.9 as to me it counts as thats how i drive the car day to day, even if it has been partly stripped it still counts imo

A good time, congratulations. Although I've never done a 1/4 mile drag race (I stick to tracks with corners at the moment :lol: ) I'm sticking my feet in the camp that says 'good on you' however it was done - stripping, turboing, whatever. It's good to have some Clios showing up some other cars there!

Tommo
18-05-2008, 18:16
Been watching some old videos of martins on you tube 1/4 miling the tb'd beast, love the race against the Spec C scooby, that was one quick clio mate! Who cares if the cars are stripped, humbling more expensive machinery is only a good thing imo (especially chavy scooby owners) :D

wazza16v
19-05-2008, 07:45
You have got to love all this banter :D

i will hopefully be running my valver at santapod once the new williams engine has been fitted if i get say mid 14's or even in the late 14's i will be happy.Running it will full interior just to keep the others happy :wink:

J o n
19-05-2008, 11:18

I said at the time Martin's was a good result but not that impressive due to losing about 100kg's to get the same times that had already been run. Maybe it's just me, I like the idea of a car being a sleeper, I dont think people are fooled by stripped out cars, they look like race/track cars.

green eyed monster and all that ;)

pretty dumb that, even for you Lunner lmao

seanofnp
19-05-2008, 11:19
Look what i started lol.

J o n
19-05-2008, 12:19
it's all banter to me fella, I dont take much of what I read on the internet that seriously lol.

besides, if I wasn't here to add some reality and perspective some of you might actually think you own quick cars :P 8) :lol:

Lunner
19-05-2008, 12:21
Like you said banter.......you lost that green eyed monster yet? ;)

J o n
19-05-2008, 12:33
Like you said banter.......you lost that green eyed monster yet? ;)

No, I'm jealous that I still have all my interior in and my car still seats 4 (small) people comfortably

Lunner
19-05-2008, 12:49
Thats ok, my laguna seats 4 big people in comfort, and still has loads of room in the boot for all my survey kit

J o n
19-05-2008, 13:04
my house seats more, dont care about the people in the back of the Clio, I dont have to sit there :lol:

samboRT
19-05-2008, 13:27
IMO.

If you want to strip a car to make it faster then why not, power to weight is important. Remove as much weight as you want and spend as much as you want on the engine to make it as fast as you want.

At the end of the day its all down to who has the funds/stupidity to spend masses ammounts of money on a 15 year old car... Stripping it makes it faster, if it is road legal... who gives a shit.

Cup racers hardly run a full interior to keep it fair, 1/4 mile drag cars dont run air con with fine italian stitched leather seats for comfort. Its about being the quickest.

These shitty old clio's are fast as **** regardless of what interior it has.

richy
19-05-2008, 13:27
but how many ppl strip a car to fool anyone into thinking its a sleeper, esp if its a valver/williams

a sleeper is a whole different storey tbh, id have thought what martin/jays aim was to get as fast as pos down the 1/4mile not to trick ppl into thinking its a 1.2 or something else,

my 16v is stripped and caged but thats purely for track use, the amount of ppl who wont let a clio or simular small car past is unbeleivable, ive had it with cosworth's/evo's/scooby's etc alot of ppl dont like there bigger faster car being overtaken which is funny be it a sleeper clio or stripped clio, still funny to see a evo/scooby drivers face as you go past them lol :lol:

jay s
19-05-2008, 13:43
haha im not even 5th anymore, did'nt stay there to long lol, bish seems to have taken 4th place and knocked me down to 6th in the process :twisted: , i'll have it changed once again after fitting r888's :wink: well done tho bish cracking time mate :D

jay s
19-05-2008, 13:45
damn edit button :roll: , 7th now lol thanks cliolord :lol:

J o n
19-05-2008, 14:21
IMO.

If you want to strip a car to make it faster then why not, power to weight is important. Remove as much weight as you want and spend as much as you want on the engine to make it as fast as you want.

At the end of the day its all down to who has the funds/stupidity to spend masses ammounts of money on a 15 year old car... Stripping it makes it faster, if it is road legal... who gives a s**t.

Cup racers hardly run a full interior to keep it fair, 1/4 mile drag cars dont run air con with fine italian stitched leather seats for comfort. Its about being the quickest.

These shitty old clio's are fast as f**k regardless of what interior it has.

why not indeed, I'm all for it, it's cheap and easy to do. Think the point has been lost, I simply said that getting a 13 or whatever isn't that impressive given the amount of interior that's been lost. Jay said himself with normal interior it would be about 14.3/4 at best, which is pretty average for the mods. That's average in a good way, as average in general means '****ed' on cars this old.

You not doing like your brother then Sam and taking the car to AWT for a huge super project engine conversion? Mk1 is a better car to do it on than a Mk2

samboRT
19-05-2008, 15:05
I may do in the future... there is no doubt that Mehdi/Martin's AWT boddied clio was fast, a better replica of that and I would be happy.

For the time being im leaving my faith with Craig at APD and see what he can do with standard inlet system.

BenR's work is second to none, I agree it does take him a lot more time but from reports ive heard, the quality/knowlege is nigh unbeatable.

160+ in my STRIPPED mk1 is enough for the time being

:wink:

J o n
19-05-2008, 15:23
aye, white one was/is(?) rapid, best car he's done and certainly something to aim for.

He's deffo 2nd to none, he's also first to no one either lol. Knowlegde is verbose and high questionable, I'd deffo stick to Craig if I were you. Some good gains to be had on std inlet with spending a fortune.

samboRT
19-05-2008, 15:52
Ben is good. Craig is good.

I believe the majority of engine tuners/builders are all highly knowlegable(sp?), they have to be. They are all businesses at the end of the day, if AWT hear something good about GDi, they would find a negative, vice versa. If GDi hears something bad about AWT it would get blown up beyind belief to something untrue. Vice versa.

TBF i dont listen/believe to majority other peoples experiences, I go off my own. I have dealt with Ben and has been good, have dealt with Craig and has been really good.

One day I may try GDi??........... Nah, dont be silly sam! :lol:

;)

J o n
19-05-2008, 17:25
Ben is useless tbh, a user on here is still suffering the after affects of his work... he's not alone.

And not true at all, every (bar one) tuning company I have ever dealt with have never slaged off other rival tuners work... even L.A.D's questionable results. Most are professional enough not to get into that side of things.

I'll ignore the rest of the nonsense, but take it from someone who's "been there and done that". I'd stick to basic breathing mods and a remap from RStuning, Craig or whoever then strip it. Just to note I still wont be impressed by a 13 odd second pass if the car weighs as much as a microwave ;)

samboRT
19-05-2008, 17:40
I would be impressed by a 13sec run, microwave or not, its road legal, and still a 13sec car.

Dont give me that companies give praise to there rivals, especially GDi vs. AWT.... if the said companies did not have a fall out, do you really think that trading on the same estate they would reccomend each other to each other?

A comapny is there to make money, they will undercut, backstab and do whatever they have to for being successfull.

Businesses, if competative, will try and damage another. Its human nature.

J o n
19-05-2008, 20:13
I never said they praise their rivals, but then they certainly dont go slagging them off. That's a little boy tactic, something you maybe do at a young naive stage of business ownership where desperation is a factor. A properly run business simply wont need to and wont do this, it just looks unprofessional when selling to other businesses and chances are they wont want to have anything to do with it. While human nature it's certainly NOT business nature.

Anyway, this threads gone way off topic, I believe the real discussion was Jay's time and how much does the average poo weigh, and will it really knock 0.2 seconds off and add 3mph to your terminal.

samboRT
19-05-2008, 20:17
Was Chris' cup stripped when it beat you?

.... ;)

J o n
19-05-2008, 20:51
lol, yeah, but you must have been watching a different vid as mine came past every time :wink: Not bad for being 25bhp down @ the wheels :lol:

Me and Chris are long overdue a rematch, mine goes back under the surgical knife on Friday, wouldn't mind a do while it's standard(ish) actually. I know it will get spanked at the moment though lol

samboRT
20-05-2008, 10:35
;)

I will give you a run

:lol:

J o n
20-05-2008, 11:43
I'm game for a play fella, I'd guess it's running around 180ish at the moment, but has full interior. How you fixed Thursday evening, as I'll be heading down the M6 if you fancy a quick blast?

samboRT
20-05-2008, 11:58
Whats it had done at the minute?

J o n
20-05-2008, 11:59
**** all, just exhaust, open IK and decat... so you should be quicker, unless you have a slowun

samboRT
20-05-2008, 12:00
Im game for a blast! :lol:

J o n
20-05-2008, 12:19
now you know it's WC standard! :lol:

number PM'd, I'll be heading to GDI on thursday evening, I go down the M56 then the A556 to the M6, so wherever is easiest to meet let me know. I've got GPS anyway, so shouldn't get lost.

eternalife
21-05-2008, 11:50

Seat Belts removed? Yes but replaced with harness
Sound Proofing removed? yes foam under carpet upto bulk head
Rear Door cards? no
Plastic Trim around Rear Speakers? no
Are aftermarket Coilovers lighter than OEM suspension? probably
Are the 4pot Calipers Heavier or lighter than OEM calipers? Probably the same with brackets etc

Whats your problem javid? you go on and on and on like a bitch

No problem.
When people claim their speed is down to an engine where in reality its due to weight reduction doesn't provide an accurate conclusion.

Its great people get fast times and strive to acheive a faster 1/4mile.
Non-disclosure of information is misleading to others who will read.

Tommo
21-05-2008, 12:43
Think Hill climbs and sprints are a more accurate indication of a cars performance, and they have different classes so are fair. For instance in class A3 road prouction there are limits to how much you can strip and modify the car, any track stripped tuned beast would need to go into class C3 modified production class etc. Still a sub 14 second 1/4 mile time on std inlet is pretty impressive even stripped!

eternalife
21-05-2008, 12:50
^^ Agreed!